Philips SQA Sr. Manager in Andover, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary
Manages as Quality Assurance Manager activities of several quality assurance sections or departments. Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. This manager may have subordinate quality assurance supervisors. Primary duty is managing individual contributors, generally operating at a more senior level.
Formulates the medium term policy for his quality assurance sub discipline, and processes results into a strategic plan.
Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations. Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates.
Works on issues where analysis of situations or quality assurance data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
Implements quality assurance strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas and/or customers.
Typically requires a Master’s degree with > 5 years of related experience in quality assurance.
- The Supplier Quality Assurance Manager-Markets oversees processes and projects to ensure that external third party suppliers of products, spare parts and services to Philips Heathcare Americas (PHA) meet applicable Purchasing Controls regulatory requirements and Philips standards and specifications. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the processes and procedures that govern compliance to applicable external regulations and standards for third party purchased parts and services (e.g. ISO13485, ISO9001, ISO14001, FDA 21 CFR 820.50) with a special emphasis on Purchasing Controls and ensuring continuous improvement of the quality and compliance of the supply base in the markets.
Your key responsibilities are in the domain of Supplier Quality management, supporting Supplier selection, qualification including supplier quality audits, approval, monitoring, feedback and communications- including Supplier Corrective Action Requests- where applicable.
• Ensure compliance to external regulations & standards and Philips policies on Purchasing Controls for third party suppliers in the markets
• Maintain Purchasing Controls procedures and processes to support the process of third party products procurement and resale
• Support supplier quality management programs such as e.g. supplier selection, supplier classification, supplier qualification and supplier rating
• Support further rollout of the third party product risk assessment process globally, and support procurement in monitoring and driving compliance to third party product risk assessment requirements
• Execute the supplier quality audit program and follow up on supplier audit results
• Lead and/or participate in supplier audits, ensure adherence to audit schedule for suppliers in the market supply base, and ensure implementation of supplier corrective action program, through the SCAR process- where applicable
• Interact with various stakeholders to ensure effective quality problem resolution with third party suppliers and/or third party products and services
• Maintain supplier performance metrics and report as appropriate to management
• Coordinate, Initiate and drive Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR), where applicable
• Ensure timely closure of SCARs and audit findings at external suppliers
• Defend Philips in audits of Purchasing Controls by notified bodies and external agencies in the Markets Provide training on Purchasing Controls regulations, processes and procedures to Philips personnel in the Markets
Position will report into Q&R Supplier Quality Assurance organization.
We are looking for
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years experience of relevant experience in a regulated industry
This role comes with a competitive compensation offering and a generous holiday / vacation offering, but that’s not all. Quality is right on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, ground breaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role’s mission, you will have an array of diverse career options open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer