Philips Software Technology Specialist – 1 in Bangalore, India
• Responsible for product software releases – on time and on quality (Schedule, Scope, Quality and Budget)
• Responsible for handling Customer complaints and escalations at priority.
• Responsible delivering issues/features based on customer requirements with Quality.
• Analyze existing implementation and suitably adapt specific components to meet the current business needs.
• Expected to drive improvements in the product architecture by working closely with Architect and associated teams.
• Expected to connect with various application and platform teams across R&D, Marketing, Service and IT
• Self- driven and flexible to work beyond the call of the job.
• Support project management and lead the estimations, releases.
• Expected to work in Agile Development Process.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Software, advanced degree – advantage
• Experience in software development of multidisciplinary complex systems
• Excellent Issue investigation and analytical skills.
• Proven software engineering skills using .Net/C# - mandatory
• Experience in Client/ Server architecture - Advantage
• Experience in Web and HTML5 programming- Advantage
• Keen ability to prioritize and drive key success factors
• Proven working experience in global, multidiscipline environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with English fluency
• Multi-tasking and flexible.
• Shall work collaboratively with sub teams.
• Shall demonstrate eagerness to learn and grow.
• Ability to work independently with little direction
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the product software releases – on time with high quality and be responsible for handling customer complaints and escalations on priority
You are responsible for
Responsible for quality of all maintenance releases, hot fixes and diagnostic patches
Responsible for maintaining productivity of the maintenance team
Responsible for fast response to customers on field issues
Work with the Install base unit manager, internal and external teams towards definition of releases planned in maintenance
Collaborates internally and externally to maintain the architectural integrity and quality of the components by thorough RCA, impact analysis, resolution analysis
Responsible for execution of all maintenance releases, hot fixes and diagnostic patches
Responsible for estimates for work schedule and planning of scope considering functional + non-functional requirements
Supports project management in effort estimation by defining and estimating work-break-downs and supports in defining task specifications towards a team of engineers
Responsible for providing technical reviews and organizing cross functional support to complete the scope of work
Enables appropriate actions and conclusion towards escalation execution and management
Guiding and coaching the project team in technology
Acts as a role model for other technical members in the project
Responsible for staffing and recruitment
Contributes to the development and deployment of the competency plan for the team
Leverage software technologies to build simple and robust solutions
You are a part of
Imaging Clinical Applications and Platform (ICAP) is a global organization that aims to be the market leader of innovative medical imaging clinical solutions that improve patient care and empower our customers. The vision of ICAP is being realized via development of a next generation unified platform for Philips Healthcare Imaging Systems and a world class, enterprise-wide, multi-modality portal solution providing rich clinical and advanced visualization applications.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Minimum of 12+ years of design & development experience with Minimum 2+ years of experience in software architecture & design with a focus towards product strategy
Proven experience in architecture and design of complex, multi-generation, SW products
In depth Software development experience in C#, C++, ASP.NET, SQL Server, design patterns
Has breadth of knowledge i.e., how decisions in one functionality will impact another functionality
Client-server systems development, HL7/interoperability, Database, Web Services and test Management, build process, Test automation, etc.
Familiar with client-server and distributed environments
Ability to mentor the team technically
Strong Investigation, Analytical and Problem Solving skills
Experience in Healthcare Standards (Preferable)
Should have leadership skills
Ability to influence without direct authority
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work with global teams
Highly productive and flexible to take additional responsibilities
Should be a good team player and a motivator
In return, we offer you
A team that aims to be the market leader of innovative medical imaging clinical solutions which improve patient care and empower the customers. The team involves with interactions across various teams of clinical, NPI, customer services, PMO, customers & proudly enable efficient services to the customers, thereby impacting customer satisfaction through a positive trend.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .