Philips Complaint Investigator in Bothell, Washington
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
We challenge you to support the Philips’ as a Complaint Investigator
• Evaluate, investigate, track and complete complaints through effective and established complaint handling process.
• Ensure accurate documentation of evaluation and investigation results with the assigned complaint records.
• Collaborate with Engineering, Customer Support, Field personnel, Market Service Order reviewers and other appropriate groups for adequate initial evaluation of complaints.
• Participate and collaborate objectively with productive conclusions in the Complaint Handling Unit meetings.
• Coordinate with the reportable complaint investigators in providing any missing information for root cause activities.
• Collaborate with Adverse Event Coordinators for reportable complaints as well as Product Safety Committees for Correction and Removal process.
• Assist in trending of complaints and collaborate with the appropriate groups to ensure that the data gets pushed to the appropriate departments for actions.
• Support reviews and audits assigned.
• Identify and drive process related improvements related to compliance and efficiency gains
• Work with the Post Market Surveillance Manager for any other projects assigned.
You will report directly to the Head of Post Market Surveillance,, PCMS.
We are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
• 3-5 years of experience in a medically regulated and technical environment.
• BS in engineering discipline or equivalent education, experience, training.
• Demonstrated strong results orientation.
• Proficiency using statistical tools, office tools, and various other computer software applications.
• Must be able to work under pressure to meet regulatory reporting time frames and company requirements.
• Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation with demonstrated ability to function independently and in a group environment.
• Requires the proven ability to consistently meet and/or exceed goals. Must be capable of making commitments, setting priorities, and delivering results on time.
• Able to exercise sound judgment within Philips using standard operating procedures and policies to determine appropriate action to achieve objectives.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Call to Action / Contact
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.