Philips Manufacturing Process Engineer in Bothell, Washington
Manufacturing Process Engineer
• Responsible for defining and implementing Manufacturing processes in any new plant and supporting current processes in existing plants.
• Responsible for defining, selecting, and commissioning Manufacturing equipment.
• Fundamental understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principals
• Ability to generate process flow maps and utilize results to improve processes and manufacturing operations.
• Perform timely technical investigations and provide practical manufacturing solutions, under appropriate regulatory guidelines for Medical Device Manufacture.
• Lead and manage efforts to create novel processes for the prototype scale and full scale manufacturing requirements.
• Lead teams in performing and updating Process FMEA risk management.
• Effectively implement problem solving skills and techniques to identify potential issues, assess their impact, develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities.
• Ensure that all appropriate documentation, drawings specifications are generated in compliance with Philips procedures and statutory requirements (US FDA and ISO).
• Provide technical input for analysis of processes changes in the above areas.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering. Chemical Engineering highly desired.
• 5+ years experience
• Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Project
• Statistics, including SPC and DOE
• Experience with process and equipment validations
• Knowledge of GMP ISO-14971, and ISO-13485
• Experience with FDA-regulated medical device manufacturing helpful
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Define and implement new manufacturing processes and support current processes in existing plants. Define, select, and commission manufacturing equipment.
You are responsible for
Generating process flow maps and utilizing results to improve processes and manufacturing operations
Performing timely technical investigations and providing practical manufacturing solutions, under appropriate regulatory guidelines for Medical Device Manufacture
Leading and managing efforts to create novel processes for the prototype scale and full scale manufacturing requirements
Leading teams in performing and updating Process FMEA risk management
Effectively implementing problem solving skills and techniques to identify potential issues, assess their impact, develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities
Ensuring that all appropriate documentation, drawings specifications are generated in compliance with Philips procedures and statutory requirements (US FDA and ISO)
Providing technical input for analysis of processes changes in the above areas
You are a part of
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis, and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
5+ years relevant experience
Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Project Statistics, including SPC and DOE
Experience with process and equipment validations
Knowledge of GMP ISO-14971, and ISO-13485
Experience with FDA-regulated medical device manufacturing helpful
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we strive to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Our goal is to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025. We will be the best place to work for people who share our passion. Together we will deliver superior value for our customers and shareholders. At Philips we encourage you to take the opportunity to learn and grow your career to the next level.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.