Philips Senior Electrical Design Engineer in Bothell, Washington
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help our electrical engineering team create lifesaving and life sustaining devices that are used in hospitals and pre-hospital situations globally.
You are responsible for
• Work within a cross-functional hardware agile scrum team to develop embedded systems.
• Design, Develop, troubleshoot various systems of the overall hardware design.
• Develop schematics and bills of materials. Manage layout activities of PCB’s.
• Work with the procurement team to perform component research and selection.
• Develop IOT products which use both Cellular and NFC technologies.
• Develop smart Li-Ion battery pack designs.
• RF testing, measurement and prototyping.
• EMC Testing to support design and component verification work.
• Writing detailed design documentation, capturing requirements of the design.
• Test, bring-up and debug of electronic subsystems
• Participating in Design Reviews
• Interacting with contractors, vendors, partners and our team
You are a part of
Philips Healthcare’s Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) business unit is looking for a Senior Individual contributor. In this position, you will be the technical leader for product improvement and enhancements of a major product line within the ECR portfolio. You will be a problem solver on cross functional technical issues, own the product from concept, through development of the customer requirements, product architecture, systems requirements and allocation of requirements to subsystems and components. You will work collaboratively with the technical cross functional team for the product as well as directly with system V&V resources to ensure that the product meets both the requirements and customer expectations
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 5+ years of experience in embedded hardware development, ideally in a regulated industry.
• Can coordinate with multiple team members and has great communication skills.
• Manage the challenges of industrial design and antenna performance for 2.4GHz and NFC bands.
• Hands-on RF hardware design experience
• Li-Ion battery pack design experience
• Collaborate with engineers of various disciplines and experience levels.
• Hands-on experience with RF testing and measurement-including antenna matching, path loss measurement,
• Able to use tools such as VNA's, spectrum analyzers, VSA/VSG's, NF Analyzers, RF power meters, oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, IDE’s and emulators for debug and test
• Basic soldering and lab skills
• Analysis of circuits using SPICE simulations.
• Experience with Matlab for performance analysis.
• Understanding of broad and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review data sheets and design specifications
• Experience with low power operation techniques.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its Philips People Services Team. Succeeding in this Onboarding role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.