Philips Electronics Architect in Eindhoven, Netherlands
In this role you have the opportunity to
define complex Electronic Mixed Analog/Digital circuits and systems and integration with other disciplines to successfully realize digital innovations encompassing the cloud, portable devices, and all devices in-between the major components of a system.
Can you represent (Mixed Signal) Electronics in the product development in core-teams to deliver a multi-disciplinary innovation proposition? Do you want to empower yourself, take initiative, innovate and constantly strive to deliver better solutions?
You are responsible for
• Defining scope and problem domain and translating customer wishes into clear requirements;
• Deliver a consolidated Architecture, and decompose it into easy to maintain modules or coponents;
• Design, Implementation of complex electronics (Mixed Signal) systems and the integration with other disciplines such as (embedded) Software, Mechanics and Optics;
• Quality, reliability and standards that apply to complex medical electronic systems.
• Communication of technical progress towards customers, management and the project team;
• Building a strong network in and around the organization to promote departmental competences and skills;
• Definition of necessary competences and team composition to fulfil an assignment;
• Monitor department processes and definition of actions to feed the continuous improvement program;
• Operational management (no line management) of some designers on the technical areas;
• Support creation of project plans in consultation with customer and other stakeholders, ensuring requirements and deliverables definition;
• Coaching of junior employees.
You are part of
The Electronics department is part of Philips Innovation Services at http://www.innovationservices.philips.com/nl (PinS) and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). This department has become an integral part and differentiator of almost all Philips products and services, delivering world-class hardware platforms, analog, mixed signal and RF designs, medical devices, power supplies, connectivity modules and development. Certified for ISO9001, ISO14971, and ISO13485.
The department supports exploratory work, fast realization of prototypes as well as effective product development, by applying in depth knowledge of the most innovative connectivity solutions, integrated platforms and standards, in combination with an Agile development approach.
Furthermore, the department works in an open-innovation mindset, maintaining operational contact to key component suppliers for applying latest innovations and technologies in our designs. For realization of the digital innovation ambition of Philips, the department closely works with the other innovation groups across Philips.
You will work in a team of about 80 people; electronic hardware and software designers and architects and report to the team leader of the Mixed Signal group.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Master Degree in Electronic Engineering (requirement);
• 10 years of relevant work experience in Electronic Product development of which at least 5 years demonstrable focus on (system) architecture (requirement);
• Experience in an Agile way of working;
• Experienced with working in multidisciplinary teams and the challenging communication, including multi-site development;
• Interest in connected products, in particular in complex systems, digital, embedded software and connectivity;
• Strong background with innovation development projects and feel comfortable with managing the funnel from relatively vague requirements to well defined project with committed stakeholders;
• Have excellent communication skills and a customer centric attitude combined with a problem solving and pragmatic attitude;
• Willing to travel up to 25% of your time.
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
A competitive salary;
A variable bonus based on both Philips' results and personal performance;
A solid company pension scheme and an attractive health insurance package;
The opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount;
A healthy work-life balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 226204.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a face-to-face recruitment- and business interviews.