Philips Senior Big Data Engineer in Foster City, California
Sr. Big Data Engineer
Philips Healthcare – Foster City, CA
Your challenge :
Our vision is to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025. If you love the challenges of Heathcare Informatics and you love thinking outside the box, innovating, brainstorming and using your creativity to find insightful solutions, then please read on and apply!
Your responsibilities :
Design Visualizations supported by Data Models that will be part of Philips Analytics Cloud solutions for PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) customers
Develop Interactive Dashboards and supporting Services that will provide customer intelligence insights
Interact with internal and potentially external clients to understand their requirements for customer operational and clinical analytics data
Capture detailed business requirements and technical specifications
Mentor other team members to develop cutting edge data visualizations
Your team :
The Philips' Enterprise Imaging and Clinical Informatics Business Unit provide a comprehensive solution for medical image storage and enterprise distribution. Our Software as a Service solution stores images for millions of patients across hundreds of hospitals across the country and helps clinicians acquire, analyze, and interpret clinical data so they have the care-specific information they need to make informed decisions with confidence. You’ll join the R&D team responsible for building and maintaining this software.
Our offer :
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to
create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. Our business provides unique opportunities to develop cutting edge enterprise software solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space and this new position is a unique opportunity to shape the next generation solutions we are developing.
We are looking for :
· BSEE / BSCE / BSCS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of Software Development experience OR MSEE / MSCE / MSCS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of Software Development experience.
· Experience working with latest technologies and design patterns for designing platform independent applications.
· Proven track record of successfully delivering enterprise software applications using Scrum methodologies.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken form.
· Experience working with big data services, Hadoop, Spark, SparkSQL, Hive, Relational DBs or similar.
Preferred Skills :
· Medical domain knowledge of DICOM, HL7, PACS, EMR, HIE, etc. preferred.
· Experience working in a fast-paced startup / new ventures type environment is a plus.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.