Philips Director, R&D TAG Coils, Philips Healthcare, (Gainesville, FL.) in Gainesville, Florida
Director, R&D TAG Coils, Philips Healthcare, (Gainesville, FL.)
Challenge: Developing new technologies that represent high earnings potential and integrating those technologies into current products ensuring reliability and safety.
The Group Leader manages the R&D and implementation process of products and services. Coordinates sector, departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. Monitors development from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring development is on schedule and within budget constraints. Supervises, hires and fires, selects, develops, coaches and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the development function. Assesses emerging technologies and may determine how to map them into product development roadmaps. Keeps abreast of technical developments through literature, technical contacts, and industry competition. Ensures compliance with product lifecycle and development procedures and processes as well as all applicable quality and regulatory requirements
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Is a member of the Development Management Team and determines, in consultation with the Management Team, the department’s objectives, policies, processes and budgets on short and long term, makes sure that the organization can meet the objectives and ensures that the roles and responsibilities are put in place.
· Formulates and implements longer term vision/direction/strategy: steering the group to add maximum value to the business in the future. Content-wise inspires and contributes to cross-organizational strategy and project teams working on innovation themes and breakthroughs.
· Manages capabilities of the department; to develop and maintain a long term view on the required competences and knowledge to introduce new technology. Ensures that there are adequate resources and tools at the proper time, is responsible for the technology and architecture in the department, and is responsible for maintaining and improving the department’s knowledge and expertise.
· Ensures appropriate personnel management practices regarding recruitment and selection, adequate staffing, remuneration, performance appraisals, education and training, and management development policy.
· Ensures an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment in the department by motivating, challenging, and coaching the department’s employees towards growth, manages and optimizes the innovative climate, stimulating entrepreneurship and driving engagement
· Is co-responsible for achieving operational plans, guides Project Managers/Leaders and ensures the optimal allocation of personnel to the projects and effective project management, Ensure excellent project execution by constantly optimizing project management practices in the department to exceed customer expectations.
· Cooperates with relevant parties outside of the department. Works across the borders of the own department – e.g formulate strategies or project proposals across department borders, cooperating with other department heads, programs and the business. Establishes a network with relevant players; scientific relations outside of the department and with the business - on all topics, and actively using this network to obtain input on technological developments, identifying trends and opportunities.
Advanced knowledge in Physics
Advanced knowledge of recent advancements in field of MR technical sciences
Advanced ability to lead groups of technical experts to a common goal.
Our Offer :
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.