Philips Sr. Systems Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Highland Hts., OH) in Highland Heights, Ohio
Sr. Systems Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Highland Hts., OH)
The system engineer is responsible overall technical leadership and responsibility for technical realization of a product release/lifecycle management. The scope includes translation of user requirements, requirements management, technical approach, design specification and interfaces, feasibility of potential solutions, allocation of derived requirements and traceability, design reviews, integration coordination, technical liaison to the program, technical roadmap, defect management/root cause analysis and risk management.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Overall technical leadership and responsibility for realization of a new product release or sustaining activity.
• Translation of user requirements, requirements management, top level design, feasibility of potential solutions, decomposition of derived requirements
• Design reviews
• Integration oversight
• Technical liaison to the program
• Defect management
• Risk management
Bachelor of Science in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent degree in a Scientific/Engineering discipline
5+ years of experience in an engineering role beyond the educational qualification.
• Evidence of practical knowledge of standards and regulations pertaining to the medical device industry, both domestic and international. This includes but is not limited to organizations such as FDA, IEC, ISO, CFDA, ACR, AAPM, COCIR, MITA and other directives such as RoHS and WEEE. Examples include: FDA 21CFR820.30, IEC 60601-1 and ISO 14971.
• Proven excellence in technical leadership in a matrix environment, including demonstrated ability to influence indirect resources
• Project and process management
• MS in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Physics or Biomedical Engineering.
• Knowledge and experience spanning multiple engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, software and systems engineering) is advantageous.
• Medical diagnostic industry awareness
• System modeling simulation
• Demonstrable clear oral communication, as well as well-organized documentation skills; excellent command of written and spoken English
• Ability to drive solutions and decisions in a cross-functional team environment
• Experience in a Requirements Management tool (eg. Rational Requisite PRO or DOORS) and problem reporting/defect tracking tools such as Rational ClearQuest.
• Demonstrated capability to conduct and lead technical reviews of product design elements
• Demonstrated ability in leading evolution of a complex feature, where analysis requires both evaluation of multiple candidate solutions and significant evaluation of intangibles.
Our Offer :
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.