Philips Supplier Account Manager in Lodz, Poland
- Owns Supplier Relationship and delivers strategic impact through Supplier Strategy Development
• Understands Supplier capabilities based on benchmarking against relevant competitors/markets and/or meaningful should-cost analytics
• Creates Supplier performance score card based on Global Supplier Rating System (GSRS) and cross-functional stakeholder feedback / calibration
• Identifies future business opportunities and NPI projects (24 month) together with PE and based on provided Supplier innovation/ideas
• Creates Supplier Strategy in full alignment with CM strategies to define Supplier related spend, targets, negotiations, RFX projects and spend pooling
• Program manage execution in alignment with CM, PE and SPPM and ensure effective stakeholder communication and involvement
- Relentlessly drives impact to the bottom and top line through Supplier Performance Development and innovative Negotiation approach
• Utilizes Negotiation factory standards (e.g. Game Theory, Nego Booklets) and actively promotes Supplier Development program
• Implements defined negotiation roadmap, target setting and business reviews
• Orchestrates Supplier related activities and communication between internal and external stakeholders to ensure one consistent Supplier approach
• Encourages Suppliers to provide innovation (e.g. by using SPICE)
• Facilitates and drives early involvement (incl. DfX) and related decision making
- Ensures operational impact through compliance, contract and risk mgmt.
• Identifies and updates Supplier segmentation for critical parameters on a yearly basis (e.g. Risk, FDA regulated, sole source, spend, data security)
• Ensures full compliance regarding sustainability and regulatory requirements
• Ensures full utilization of Source2Contract for all contracts and RfX events
• Manage Supplier contracting according to defined standards & procedures
Conduct Supplier risk assessments and define, track and manage corresponding mitigation and contingency plans in alignment with the BUs
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Manage a regional supplier portfolio and deliver a strategic impact through supplier strategy development programs. The aim is to ensure performance (productivity, quality, sustainability and delivery), growth and innovation while effectively managing risk and spend. You will focus on Mechanical Hardware and Distribution Commodity in the region and support the Metal Cluster Team's East Europe Scouting activities.
You are responsible for
Managing Supplier performance score card using the Global Supplier Rating System and cross-functional stakeholder calibration
Identifying future business opportunities and NPI projects together with Procurement Engineering and based on provided Supplier innovation/ideas
Creating Supplier Strategy in full alignment with Commodity Management strategies to define Supplier related spend, targets, negotiations, RFX projects and spend pooling
Program manage execution by securing close alignment between, supplier, Procurement Engineering and business
Relentlessly driving impact to the bottom and top line through Supplier Performance Development and innovative negotiation approach
Implementing defined negotiation roadmap, target setting and business reviews
Encouraging Suppliers to share innovative ideas and/or solutions (e.g. by using SPICE) and provide insights into future technology roadmaps
Encouraging Suppliers to use LEAN approaches to co-create and deliver Total Cost of Ownership savings opportunities (e.g. concept savings)
Conducting assessments to identify and manage critical supplier parameters on a continuous basis covering risk, regulatory compliance, financial exposure and related liabilities and creating corresponding mitigation and contingency plans with business continuity in mind
Ensuring full compliance regarding sustainability and regulatory requirements
Ensuring all contracts and RFX events are properly managed in contract and RFX management systems (e.g. source2contract), following defined processes, policies and guidelines
Managing and demanding continuously improved quality from supplier and driving clear actions to achieve this
You are a part of
- The EMEA Mechanical Hardware Commodity team and you will report to the Commodity Regional Lead Mechanical Metal EMEA. You will be working most of the time remotely and will be collaborating with many teams.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
University degree (engineering/logistics/SCM/business administration)
3-5 years’ experience in procurement, in a contract manufacturing environment
Project Management skills
Strong analytical and negotiation skills
Experienced in Lean methodology
Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
Ability to persuade and influence business decisions
Ability to work organized and independently, with a high sense of business ethics and responsibility
Fluent in English
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .