Philips Channel Account Manager in Markham, Ontario
- Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs approximately 69,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter .
We challenge you to join Philips Personal Health as a Channel Account Manager. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for selling our full product portfolio into major accounts in Western Canada.
• Understands segment and customer requirements and provides solutions in a consultancy way while meeting their needs.
• Assesses the customers’ business model, analyzes their strengths and weaknesses and identifies issues.
• Knows the customers’ vision, values, roadmap, business plan and budget.
• Presents solutions to problems to key stakeholders within customer’s organization which they may not yet recognize and builds consensus.
• Provides detailed analysis of all Philips opportunities for each customer account.
• Leverages relationships and analyses established by other Philips PD’s.
• Creates solutions meeting customer requirements involving the entire Philips team.
• Develops and owns strategies for channel and accounts that will achieve business growth targets.
• Works with Retail Sales Director to develop overall channel sales plan, accurately forecasting possible deals for the year and ensures order volume and revenue targets are met.
• Ensures order processing and shipment schedules are timely by communicating with logistics.
• Solutions provided would be part of the Total Philips story with value added bundled products.
• Ensures solutions will demonstrate results of the company’s key metrics (financial, market share, efficiency, effectiveness, etc).
• Develops and executes sales plans
• Work with Philips internal stakeholders to determine which products and programs will be offered to the Channel
• Provides feedback/guidance to Product Management (ie market/competitive pricing, new products in the marketplace, competitive activity, etc.
• Develops customer specific planograms (with appropriate other resources)
• Develops new product concepts and marketing support materials together with Marketing department
• Monitors and manages customer product mix and profitability
• Negotiates solutions and closes deals by reaching agreements with mutual satisfaction to Customers and Philips and emphasizes total value of the Philips story.
• Maintains constant communication with all internal and external parties during the progression of the deal. Prepares for several negotiation scenarios. Obtains clean orders at the best possible price.
• Successfully sells into competitive accounts and grows market share within assigned territory
• Takes on a consultant role in order to guide the customer in strategies in an objective manner.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with Philips Major Accounts at all levels in the buying organization and the Philips team.
• Focuses on basic customer needs
• Once an order is closed, continues communication with the customer to insure high customer satisfaction while addressing any concerns.
• Establishes a regular rapport with all stakeholders at prospective and existing customers.
• Effectively leverages cross-divisional Philips team by leading the team to meet the customer needs.
• Effectively provides a coordinated Philips front to the customer, leveraging the entire Philips team.
• Anticipates customer objections/needs by having full knowledge of the customers’ business objectives and our corporate story.
• Develops and negotiates sales strategy with account category captains
• Develops, monitors and is responsible for channel budgets, forecasts, AOP etc., including revenue and gross margins.
We are looking for
· 5 years account management experience in CPG industry
· Completed University degree, BBA / Commerce preferred
· Demonstrated track record of success in sales, strong knowledge and experience in using fact-based selling approach
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer