Philips Senior Software Engineer in Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Experience Level: 8-12 years
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering required. Master of Science, desirable.
The candidate will be responsible for conceptual design and implementation of real time embedded software for use within medical devices. Experience must include, but is not limited to the following:
• Experience in the various aspects of embedded development.
• Experience with different Microprocessors implementing embedded real time solutions.
• Experience in developing software requirements, design documents, software implementation and testing.
• Experience and comfort with the use of test and analysis equipment essential in the development of embedded devices.
• Experience with BLDC motors and associate software control via embedded system software.
The candidate must be highly intelligent and be able to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems. Engineering skills, judgment, and experience will be applied to ensure product innovation, quality, and that project schedules are met. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment. Possess the ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments and ability to lead as well as participate on cross-functional project teams.
This individual will operate as a subject matter expert in a lead role as well as an individual technical contributor and will be responsible for motor contol and pressure delivery core knowledge for Sleep Therapy device development projects. A comprehensive understanding of Field Oriented Control, Pressure delivery fundamentals as well as an ability to relize this functionality in an embedded software platform as well as a passion for science and technology will enable the candidate to execute successfully in this role.
The candidate is expected to work closely with Product Managers, Technical managers, Systems Engineers, and other Engineering managers to develop working relationships that will enhance the development of the group’s products. Exceptional embedded software engineering skills, proven communication abilities and teamwork will enable this individual to meet the challenges of the role. The position necessitates the ability to balance the demand for subject matter expertise in pressure deliviery and motor control, along with the ability of prioritizing their own technical contribution and workload on key Sleep Therapy products.
• Extensive embedded software development (C, C++, and / or assembly languages) and design background, preferably in a medical device industry.
• Strong understanding of structured design, embedded real-time systems, hardware / software interfacing.
• Requires the ability to understand schematics and work with hardware engineers to insure proper system design and function.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
• Demonstrated successful results in implementation of a motor control platform.
• Coordinate and drive project activities from the system engineering focus, ensuring and advancing the team’s adherence to good engineering practices, procedures and Quality System requirements.
• Actively pursue and understand pressure delivery requirements for new product devleopment, schedule, organize, and lead activities for the motor control implementation and the realization of that delivery system.
• Remain agile personally and within the team to adjust and respond to the needs of supporting product development and the demands of the business.
• Maintain and improve the quality position of the team’s deliverables and the overall business unit’s products.
• Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position.
• Act as a leader within the engineering team, ensuring active participation in activities that enhance the engagement of the overall team.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented, product development environment.
• Mentoring of engineers on technical issues, problem solving strategies, and engineering principles.
• Creativity, technical judgment and the interpersonal skills required for the successful completion of multiple projects.