Philips SQL DBA in Murrysville, Pennsylvania
Responsible for Hosting Operations of externally facing critical 24x7 "Software as a Service" systems. Specific responsibilities will include some elements of each of the following:
Support of the Product Delivery process, including both quality and production releases of critical externally facing products as well as staging and preparing testing and quality assurance environments.
Maintaining appropriate and required compliance and regulatory requirements, involving key process controls and documentation.
Providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 Operational support of critical 24x7 externally facing products.
Ability to work collaboratively in a highly diverse and fast paced team.
Provide architectural and process guidance to both members of this team as well as the product engineering team in order to insure security, performance and availability of all supported products.
On-call and evening/overnight and weekend work is required for support off hour releases and production operations.
The Patient Services Technical Operations Group is responsible for the delivery, support and maintenance of externally facing software based service offerings. Primary areas of focus include management of datacenter operations software release cycles, network, and security operations in support of these patient focused services. Additionally, this group is responsible for architectural guidance insuring that production systems maintain appropriate levels of security, performance and availability required to exceed both internal and market demands. The Pittsburgh based team administers operations in North America as well in data centers in Paris and Tokyo.
Our 2017 Commitment outlines what we are committed to do in the coming year to continue on our journey to become a global leader in health and well-being.
Each and every plan in our business — country, sector, business-unit, or function — must to be driven by, and linked to, our group level 2017 Commitment.
We all have an important role to play in shaping a more successful future for our company. This is an exciting time to be a part of Philips as we will accelerate our journey and become an even stronger Company for you, our employees, and the customers we serve.
We are looking for
Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or software related program from an accredited university is required. A Master’s Degree in any of the programs above is a plus.
7+ years of work experience is required.
The ideal candidate will possess elements of the following technical disciplines:
· Thorough understanding of data networking and security processes including firewalls, load balancers, and routing.
· Experience working with and supporting ASP.NET and SQL Server based externally facing products.
· Working knowledge of Linux and MongoDB based externally facing products.
· Administrative knowledge and proficiency with MongoDB and MS SQL Server based design and support.
· Experience with systems management processes including systems monitoring using both integrated and "best of breed" monitoring approaches including App Dynamics and New Relic.
· Demonstrated ability to work with rapidly changing development priorities while insuring performance and availability of production systems.
· Strong systems analysis, performance tuning, and troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to work in a "matrix" environment including the use of external partners for service delivery.
· Manage all Database Administration needs, including and not limited to: backups, restores, snapshots, replication, patching and upgrade best practices within maintenance jobs and schedules.
· Effectively research, develop, test and implement new Database Tuning and maintenance procedures · Implement and Maintain all Database Security policies, procedure and regulations · Serve as primary DBA for operational and strategic planning and projects · Coordinate production releases and changes including technical and scheduling conflict reviews.
· Review new application supporting databases including Neo4J and Redis components to ensure compliance with company standards.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.