Philips LEAN/Continuous Improvement Manager in Orastie, Romania
· Deliver training either directly or via site deployment coaches or other internal or external experts
· Provide coaching to management team members and kaizen leads on event planning, execution and follow up
· Provide support to the management team on the delivery of results
· Develop and maintain networks with peers across Philips deployment sites and known external benchmarks and best practices
· Provide proposals for the 100 week vision to bring the site in line with external benchmarks and best practices
· Maintain consistent behaviour in line with the lean behaviours
· Coaches the management team on the consistent lean behaviour
· Communicates the management team’s lean vision to all stakeholders at the site
· Publicise and celebrate the success of the deployment within and beyond the site
· Incorporate Lean into the agenda of all site visits
· Manage the deployment in line with the deployment roadmap milestones and deliverables
· Report the progress of the deployment during the weekly steering team meeting and weekly deployment storyboard reviews
· Prepare for and recommend GO/NO GO and Phase Gate exit Reviews
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be in the heart of the industrial footprint for one of the fastest growing sites within Philips Consumer Lifestyle. You can become part of this fast-paced changing environment and contribute to an impactful cultural change as Continuous Improvement Manager for Romania Orastie Production Center.
Be a role model for Lean E2E Thinking, coordinate the necessary training and coaching to the management team and facilitate the delivery either personally or by using internal and/or external expertise so that they are capable of leading their own training/kaizen events.
Assist the management team to thoroughly plan, execute and follow up on the deployment activities detailed in the phased deployment methodology using the 100-week vision and 25-week plan in conjunction with the “Kaizen Event Planning Process”
You are responsible for
Delivering training either directly or via site deployment coaches or other internal or external experts
Providing coaching to management team members and kaizen leads on event planning, execution and follow up
Providing support to the management team on the delivery of results
Developing and maintaining networks with peers across Philips deployment sites and known external benchmarks and best practices
Providing proposals for the 100-week vision to bring the site in line with external benchmarks and best practices
Maintaining consistent behavior in line with the lean behaviors
Coaching the management team on consistent lean behavior
Communicating the management team’s lean vision to all stakeholders at the site
Publicizing and celebrating the success of the deployment within and beyond the site
Incorporating Lean into the agenda of all site visits
Managing the deployment in line with the deployment roadmap milestones and deliverables
Reporting on the progress of the deployment during the weekly steering team meeting and weekly deployment storyboard reviews
Preparing for and recommending GO/NO GO and Phase Gate Exit Reviews
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Advanced studies in Engineering/SCM related curricula
Minimum 6 years working experience on a senior role in engineering/production/quality/supply chain in a manufacturing environment
Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN/TPM/Six Sigma/TQM)
Strong interpersonal skills, able to relate to different types of internal stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization
Leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects
Fluent in English
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .