Philips Radiology Data Scientist in Remote Worker, Ontario
Radiology Data Scientist (GTA)
This exciting opportunity is for someone who is ready to bridge the gap between the clinical, the imaging modalities, and IT stakeholders at a clinical site, and conduct the research and prototyping back office within Philips. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, clinical scientists, physicians, department staff, and researchers. The Scientist will join an experienced team of Philips personnel and will be trained at the business and research facilities.
Key areas of Responsibility Create and maintain an effective network with the clinical and IT stakeholders in the clinical institute.• Build and expand both clinical and hospital IT knowledge with respect to radiology workflow.• Support clinical partner in using and evaluating prototypes including training and on-site support.• Gather clinical feedback and translate this into additional requirements for further prototypes and research areas.• Maintain a strong relationship with Radiology Solutions business and Philips Research to feed new requirements and receive new prototype functionality to install on site.Integrate and prototype clinical application software• Develop and drive IT and modality innovation to improve clinical and operational performance of Radiology Departments• Work with the local IT department on the requirements, design and implementation of interfaces of the prototype to local hospital IT systems, including PACS, RIS, lab system and EMR.• Support integration of prototypes into local hospital IT infrastructure.• Configure prototypes according to local clinical needs, including clinical documentation / reporting and adaptation to local clinical guidelines.• Solve small problems bugs – report larger ones to supporting back office engineering team. We are looking for
We require a PhD/M.S. in clinical informatics, computer science, biomedical engineering or equivalent, and the following:
• Understanding of clinical workflow and systems, with an emphasis on radiology or interventional procedures, developed through experience in working with caregivers in clinical environments
• Research experience in the design, development, and evaluation of clinical decision support applications
• Experience in employing information retrieval and extraction, natural language processing, machine learning, clinical decision support and/or knowledge management methods within clinical IT environment
• Familiarity in the use of controlled clinical terminologies and ontologies (UMLS, SNOMED, ICD, etc)
• Understanding of medical image processing techniques for segmentation & quantification
• Demonstrated successful experience working in a medical environment
Interest in multidisciplinary clinical problems. Experience in cancer care is an advantage; eagerness to learn is a must.
• Good analytic and problem solving skills. Pragmatism, goal-oriented thinking.
• Good communicative skills. Ability to maintain relationships with clinicians and hospital IT people.
• Be able to work independently on-site while keeping close cooperation with the back office.
• Experience with semantic technologies, such as OWL, RDF, SPARQL, reasoners/classifiers
• Experience in workflow analysis and business processes such as LEAN or six sigma is beneficial
• Knowledge of the principles of medical image acquisition and processing
• Knowledge of data analysis and statistical methodology with some experience in R, Minitab, or similar packages
• Experience in health care data and communication standards (HL7; DICOM)
• Good programming skills. Experience in C# and .NET, HTML 5.0, JSON, SQL, python, Service Oriented Architectures and other web technologies is a plus.
- Philips Electronics Ltd is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection