Philips Credit & Colletctions Senior Manager Greater China in Shanghai, China
This position is responsible for managing a team in Finance Operations Order to Cash Cycle to provide AR & Credit Management services to businesses according to service level agreement, including credit management, collection, customer dispute management, dealer financing, rebate management, billing, cash application, cash forecast, AR reporting, and other related activities.
2. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
1) Line Manager: Global Head, Credit & Collection
2) Subordinates: Credit Control Manager / Officers, AR supervisor; 12
3) Job holder needs to collaborate with: F&A Business Partner, Sales department; Customer care, SCM, Corp treasury, internal and external auditors.
1) Leading teams within AccOps Hub to deploy global strategy, thereby driving management communications and alignment, and managing senior local stakeholders (local heads of finance and/or finance business partners)
2) Manage the structure in terms of financial and operational performance, compliance as well as problem resolution through root cause analysis and escalation process and involvement in dispute councils.
3) Coordinate performance to KPI’s, process and improvement activities with back office partners
4) Coordinate performance to KPI’s, process and improvement activities with back office partners
5) Own all resourcing processes, including staffing, effective succession planning, performance management, capability building, engagement
6) Initiates, drives and supports process improvements by innovation and harmonization in order to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Leads improvement projects; cross sector, cross country
7) Initiates, drives and supports process improvements by innovation and harmonization in order to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Leads improvement projects; cross sector, cross country
8) As a member of the global Process Specialist Group also (co)designs processes including the outsourced part
9) Reviews and improves the performance of the execution of the outsourced processes
10) Coordinates the preparation of accurate and timely management reporting for internal customers, including concrete advices/proposals how to improve
1) Understand business
2) Relationship management with internal and external customers
3) Conflict management to ensure company interest
4) Motivate Team
5) Retain knowledge
6) Work under pressure
1) 10 years of relevant experience with 5+ years’ managerial experience in finance, preferably controlling or accounting in multinational companies.
2) Proven strength in running AR & credit management functions, setting up principles and processes, preferred to be in MNCs.
3) Master level capabilities required in Process improvement and Project & Change management
4) Advanced level capabilities required in Managing controls and Analytics & systems, Financial Accounting & Reporting and competencies in Influencing business decisions
5) Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
6) Strong negotiation and relationship building skills, excellent conflict management skills
7) Sound people management experience
8) Experience with lean practices and metrics.
9) Bachelor degree or above in Accounting / Finance discipline.
10) Good command of English, both oral and written.
11) Knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. SAP) is a plus.