Philips Senior Pricing Specialist in Shanghai, China
Description: This position will work closely with commercial, finance, as well as internal cross functional team to better execute the pricing process, delivery pricing data analysis, regular reporting and assist pricing manager for pricing strategy set up for all commercial divisions. Propose improvement and modification to price process, basic market price analysis, and response to sales/product marketing query regarding pricing issue.
• Work closely with business team for value-added pricing analysis; provide the daily pricing consulting to sales and commercial teams.
• Work with Product Managers to gain understanding of all products and their respective market places so as to make the proper pricing proposals with respect to marketing guidance and business objectives (promotion, one-time discount, etc.)
• Liaise with Marketing to support and develop pricing strategy for product launches and existing products
• work with global strategy pricing for pricing related project and report (price verification/performance analysis for modality)
• Identify improvement opportunity to reduce price leakage though in-depth data analysis on historical trend, Product Portfolio and channel partner comparison, etc. Find out root cause, initiate & execute follow-up actions with business team to address pricing risk.
• Collect relevant information to support quality pricing decisions and present analysis
• Assist with departmental and cross-functional personnel on projects related to process improvement and training
• Produces regular and ad-hoc reports on pricing and profitability in BU and region level. Assists Pricing Manager to train area pricing and sales teams if needed.
• Conduct profitability analysis and propose special rates to key accounts’ special requirements.
• Participate in pricing process improvement projects, supports various pricing analytical projects such as competitive product, market assessments, commodity costs indices, etc.
Assist to pricing manager to standardize process across the different divisions, create the pricing culture for company.
• Comply with Finance and Legal policies and procedures, respond to both Internal and External Audit enquiries in a timely manner, and ensure follow-up on Action Items to address Audit recommendations.
• Review the list price; perform the list price change analysis, request list price ERP maintenance based on time line.
Experience & Requirement:
Minimal relevant work experience required like business analysis, marketing position, pricing analysis or analytical.
In a product and or service pricing role, or in a marketing or business analysis experience.
Advanced excel analysis skills.
Process-oriented thinking and systematic approach for problem solving is required.
ERP utilization experience on order processing, SAP experience is PLUS.
Ability to work with different function/team both inside China and outside China.
Coordination skill & project management skill is required.
Good working attitude, willingness to learn.
Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
4 year business experience in marketing or finance or equivalent
Communications skills, analytical skills and PC application software skill.
Strong business sense.
Able to work independently under pressure.
Fluent English and Chinese (both written and spoken)