Philips Consumer Care Claims Manager in Stamford, Connecticut
Consumer Care Claims Manager
The position is responsible for handling and processing of product complaint escalations for all of Philips Personal Health in North America. This position manages the team of Consumer Specialists supporting the escalations arising from safety and/or new quality failures.
The position is also responsible for management reporting on the status of complaint handling (open items, aged items, workload management, compliance with process requirements, responding to CAPAs, driving process improvement, and managing training requirements for consumer care and the Consumer Specialists).
This role interfaces with Regulatory Affairs and to maintain documentation compliance, meeting requirements for U.S. and International requirements as defined in FDA Regulations, ISO 9001 Standards, ISO 13485:2003, Medical Device Directives, Canadian Medical Device Regulations and other International Regulations.
• Responsible for the management of the complaint handling team (Consumer Specialists)
• Manages the Complaint Handling process for Philips in North America
Collaborates closely with the Quality and Regulatory lead for Personal Health North America
• Creates management reporting on complaint handling activity (items open, closed, aging complaints, trends, actions for improvement)
• Defines training needs for team and conducts training and manages supporting documentation
• Serves as the managerial escalation point for Consumer Specialists
• Recommends system improvements based on gaps of programs that exist today. Serves as the key stakeholder to any proposed system changes.
• Will write, roll-out, and maintain SOPs and Work Instructions relative to the Complaint Handling process
• Provides support to Regulatory Affairs for the CAPA process
• Responsible for consumer resolution of surge protector connected equipment claims and escalations (see Surge Protector Damage Claim Process)
• Responsible for ensuring check requests to settle consumer claims are processed along with “closure”/disclaimer letter
• As necessary, will enter safety incident information into IPM tracking system
Will ensure Philips white mail is scanned and submitted to the Contact Center for logging and case creation.
The team is focused data collection and accurate definition safety and quality issues with the consumer according to internal policies and external regulations and to document accordingly, the consumer feedback and case details in the complaint handling systems. This team is based in Stamford, CT.
Proper complaint handling is critical to help us stay in compliance with Regulatory requirements and help us to improve the overall quality of our product offerings.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees are working hard to improve people’s lives every day.
We offer you the opportunity to personally contribute to Philips’ achievement of growth objectives and ambition to improve the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025.
We are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
Requires 2-3 years of experience in managing consumer complaints.
Some previous expertise in coaching and mentoring a small team.
Requires solid experience using Microsoft Office
Can coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, and have strong analytical skills
Experience working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (eg, Salesforce)
Quality background a plus
Working knowledge of Medical Devices and company requirements to manage complaints
Previous experience working with the FDA and auditing skills
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.