Philips Biomedical Engineering Technician II (San Diego, CA) in United States of America - Home Based, Massachusetts
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION (Deliver world-class service quality):
• Receive positive customer feedback
• Focus on fixing the customer as well as the equipment
• Provide a positive cohesive company image to the customer at all times
• Establish credibility and trust through a high level of customer service
• Interface with end-users, supervisors, and department managers on routine service issues
• Provide effective communications through all interactive means, i.e. telephone, face-to-face, email
• Provides basic repair and preventative maintenance of medical products while under close supervision to the delight of customers
• Maintain a professional appearance per Philips policy/customer policy
COMPLIANCE AND BUSINESS RESULTS (revenue generation and expense control):
• Timely PM completion >95% NLS in scheduled month; 100% LS in scheduled month
• Accurate and timely data entry of corrective maintenance work orders. Proactively follow-up on assigned calls open over 30 days
• Accurate and timely data entry of PM and CM documentation and assigned Cannot Locate PMs
• Completion of all database documentation to manufacturer specifications
• Flexible to change to positively impact business/compliance results
• Shares best practices to bring peers to a higher level as a team
• Appropriate utilization of Philips/Customer resources i.e. parts management, purchase services, AMEX, P-card
• Timely/Accurate completion of expense reports following current Philips policy
• Perform all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed company policies/guidelines
TEAMWORK (Teamwork between peers and other associates):
• Display a professional attitude when interacting with others
• Communicate effectively with peers and help others; keeps others informed when necessary
• Put the team ahead of individual need and display a positive attitude
• Keep commitments; do not pass responsibilities to others
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL PERFORMANCE (Complete all calls timely and with minimal callbacks, solve complex problems, assist others as required. Successfully complete professional training and demonstrate technical competency):
• Minimal Subcontracting
• Display ability to solve complex problems
• Professional development – successfully complete training requirements
• Complete assigned training on-time
• Manage special projects as assigned
• Diagnose & resolve equipment problems with minimal call-back or repeat requests
• Ability to establish priorities of the moment by assessing and organizing by urgency
• Operate under the required knowledge of regulatoryrequirements, performance standards, Philips policies,customer policies, and safety requirements
• Ensure test equipment is calibrated before use, and ensure test equipment at assigned facility receives its annual certification
• Effectively manage parts inventory; consume parts within current Philips policy timeframe
• Maintain Tools and Test Equipment appropriately and safely and ensure others do as well
• Complete all service documentation to meet or exceed Manufacturer and/or Joint Commission requirements
• Conduct documented rounds of assigned departments to ensure equipment is properly tagged and inspection ready
• Identify gross negligence by vendors or team members while performing maintenance and correct or report to site management to avoid violating any policies, guidelines, or regulatory statutes
• Do not return equipment to service without appropriate inspection stickers and documentation
• Do not alter or modify a device that may lead to a patient safety issue; intervene if vendors or team members attempt any such activities
• Manages company assets effectively including labor time, parts inventory levels, tools, test equipment calibration, customer purchase orders, equipment, business expenditures, etc.
Biomedical Engineering Technician II
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips Healthcare has an exciting opportunity to join our company as a Biomedical Engineering Technician where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service! As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
You are responsible for
Philips is seeking a Biomedical Engineering Technician supporting the San Diego, CA Area . In this role you will be responsible for identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel. Maintaining customer satisfaction is the primary goal. Therefore, the BMET must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about delivering results, ability to establish the priorities of the moment by assessing the priorities communicated by the Site Manager, the Site Team or the customer.
As a company representative, acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicates only appropriate information. Refers information to the appropriate person. Provides a positive cohesive company image when discussing the company and products with the customer.
Establishes credibility and trust.
Ensures customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives.
Understands customer’s competitive environment
Provides proactive site leadership in the improvement of customer relationships and satisfaction.
Drives the site to maximize customer satisfaction consistent with site business objectives. Shares best practices within local site and across multiple work teams.
Involved in multiple levels at the site.
May be requested to serve upon or provide consultation to various hospital committees or teams as requested by the customer with prior approval of site management.
Operate under the required knowledge of regulatory requirements, performance standards, Philips policies, customer policies, and safety requirements (electrical & radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.).
Manages company assets effectively including labor time, parts inventory levels, tools, test equipment calibration, customer purchase orders, equipment, business expenditures, etc.
Performs all administrative duties in a complete and timely manner including timesheets, service activity reporting, expense reports, preventative maintenance documentation, and other related paperwork.
You are a part of
Our GSSNA group is a 5,500-member North American Healthcare Sales and Service organization. Working within this group, you’d benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a ‘One Team’ culture, you’ll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable. As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
As hospital environments become more integrated, the service organization is looking to expand its ability to install and service complex networks as well as consult with customers on high-end integrations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Associate’s degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or Biomedical Engineering.
• 3+ years servicing biomedical equipment.
• Expertise in at least two specialty areas relating to the field of biomedical equipment repair.
• Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment. Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multimeter, etc.
• Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionally.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.