Start date: Feb 2019
Duration: 6 months
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work hand in hand with product and portfolio managers of Philips Floor Care and be involved in the product development process at Philips. You are part of the creation of new product propositions. In addition you are involved in the development of communication materials for online and offline to show our products’ superiority in the market and to drive preference.
You are responsible for
• Support with the creation of product propositions and portfolio communication materials within the Floor Care product marketing team of bag and bagless vacuum cleaners.
• Contributing to product development process with consumer insights generation, market analysis, product presentation preparations and other activities that requires project and product management skills.
• Check/develop/keep track of content for online and offline product communication.
• Developing product range leaflets (internal catalog) and updating twice a year.
• Developing training kits with the help of other internal/external parties and supporting the preparation of internal and external product presentation events.
You are a part of
Philips Floor Care, part of Domestic Appliances which is the fastest growing business of Philips, we recognize that for most people cleaning is a chore and we innovate to provide people around the world with the best products for their cleaning needs; thus improving their household environment for a healthier, more fulfilling lifestyle. You will report directly to the marketing director and will work hand-in-hand with a team of 4 product managers based in Amsterdam Philips HQ
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Currently studying towards your Bachelor / Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in for example Business administration, Economics, Marketing or Industrial design engineering.
• Aspire a career in product marketing.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills: power point and excel with an eye for detail and perfection.
• Good analytical skills: critical thinking, data analysis.
• Strong personal communication skills and fluency in English
• Creative, business savvy, able to see the bigger picture, curious and collaborative.
In return, we offer you
A full time internship for a period of 6 months (with the option to extend another 6 months). At the end of your internship, you have the experience of working in a multinational, culturally diverse organization such as Philips. You have been able to witness and be part of new product creation and analysis that leads to winning strategies. Overall a unique opportunity for self-development while showcasing your skills and possibly building towards a meaningful career.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Motivation or statement of purpose
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period . Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.