At Philips, software coding is not just limited to syntaxes, languages or a program that just runs. We are passionate about software code quality, which means- developers innovate on how they innovate . Such a positive feedback loop increases our innovation rate and quality at the same time. This difference between thought-following and thought-leadership is exciting as it makes us Better, Faster, Forever.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Advocate, measure and support continuous improvements in code quality competencies across thousands of engineers working with diverse technology stacks and products.
You are responsible for
· Continuous improvement of the code quality competency across the whole company
· Designing, improving and executing measurement frameworks for our code quality competency
· Keeping up-to-date on emerging trends in code quality and applying these
· Designing, improving and executing training in code quality
· Advocating the benefits of world class code quality and a software craftsmanship culture across the organization
· Supporting businesses in the creation, improvement and execution of their continuous improvement plans for code quality
· Maintaining and expanding an internal and external community profile for Philips code quality
You are a part of
A global Philips Software Centre of Excellence (SW CoE) dedicated to improving a range of SW competencies that enable sustainably high rates of innovation and quality.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Master’s degree (or equivalent industry experience) with significant STEM content
· 10+ years (or demonstrable equivalent skill) leading and applying code quality practices successfully in a variety of large scale environments
· 20+ years (or demonstrable equivalent skill) in software development with significant R&D exposure
· Experience of scaling competency measurement, training and advocacy across 1000s of people
· Experience of internal and external presentations/postings/trainings on code quality – evidence of thought leadership in code quality
· Hands-on technical ability in a variety of common code quality tools & technologies
· Demonstrable programming ability in at least two programming languages
· An energetic, enthusiastic and persuasive personal style will be a strong advantage in this role
In return we offer you
A competitive salary package incl. a variable bonus - based on Philips' results and personal performance;
A holiday allowance of 25 days per year and the option to purchase up to 20 extra days annually;
An extensive set of tools to drive your career, including a personal development budget, free training and coaching
A healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .