In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Senior Software Systems Architect will serve as an architecturally knowledgeable guide for internal resources working on mobile, desktop, and cloud efforts and will work with engineering teams to help and guide their development efforts to build industry-leading products.
You are responsible for
The Software Systems Architect will consult with and provide guidance and advice to our development teams regarding their efforts to build products for cloud environments and will serve as a knowledgeable and experienced resource in order to accelerate development of the organization’s cloud based product portfolio.
The system architect will additionally:
● Work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams throughout the company as a subject matter expert in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/Cloud with solution and implementation focus
● Advise on the refactoring and design of existing software to help increase its cloud relevancy.
● Represent the company technically to other business groups within Philips and as an ambassador between them and our own developments
● The New Business Solutions Software System Architect will work collaboratively to lead the design processes for system architectures of enterprise grade software products, solutions, and services utilizing cloud service technologies that meet aggressive fault tolerance and performance standards.
The delivered system architectures shall provide:
● A balanced and technically feasible design that considers the requirements of all business stakeholders, technology landscapes, company strategy, and industry best practices.
● A scope and solution that aligns with the business road maps while providing the ability to evolve and adapt to emerging technology and market landscape changes throughout the life cycle of the product or portfolio.
The system architect shall demonstrate behaviors as follows:
● Define scope, design, and strategy in a clear and structured way which readily communicates architectures to stakeholders.
● Provide well defined building blocks along with options and scenarios that lead to choosing and implementing the optimal architecture in a risk-averse manner
● Leverage appropriate technology to deliver products and services that meet business road maps.
● Ensure complete and up to date documentation of the architecture and implementation thereof.
● Drive an accepted implementation of architecture through continued coaching, mentoring, and communication with engineering teams
The system architect shall possess the following competencies:
● Business acumen and political savvy
● Analytical and problem solving skills
● Architectural vision and disciplined approach
● Documentation and modeling of architectures
● Influencing, networking, and negotiation skills
● Managing and leading through unknowns and uncertainties
You are a part of
The Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) business group within Philips Healthtech focuses on helping people with problems while they sleep or with issues related to breathing. SRC is a market leader in treating patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA); a condition affecting patients that have trouble breathing while they are sleeping and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); a chronic inflammatory lung disease that causes obstructed airflow from the lungs. The medical devices produced by SRC are used in the patient’s home, out of the view of doctors, nurses or other medical clinicians. For this reason, the OSA therapy devices and ventilators manufactured by SRC collect rich data while they are in use. This data includes, but is not limited to: usage - when and how long the device is being used, a variety of physiological parameters, how well the mask fits the patient’s face and whether the devices is effectively treating the patient’s condition.
The Enterprise Software Applications group within SRC R&D specializes in developing software applications that take the data that is produced by the SRC medical devices and displays that data to a physician, medical clinician or DME companies. The views created by ESA web and mobile applications allow the user to quickly determine whether the patient needs attention or prove patients compliance on these devices. When used effectively, the software tools developed by ESA enable patients to adapt more quickly to the therapy and to use these devices longer/day, which translates into healthier, more productive patients with an improved quality of life.
The SRC ESA organization based in PIC is now a 70+ member strong team working on desktop, mobility, actigraphy and next generation cloud solutions. As we continue to grow, we are looking at hiring for different positions across our organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred
15+ years’ experience in software development and/or systems architecture
Deep experience with distributed systems and asynchronous processing
Deep experience with micro-services architectures
Strong experience in Interoperability
Relevant experience with Amazon Web Services and Cloud Foundry
Cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations including “right fit” leverage of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models
Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure components and experience with business continuity and long term data management in cloud environments
Deep experience in Software design and development, Systems Operations / Management; Database Architecture, Storage and IT Security
Experience with Continuous Delivery and Dark Launching practices
Experience in the refactoring and design of preexisting software to help increase its cloud relevancy
Skilled in Java, Spring, C#.Net, SteelToeOSS, Netflix OSS, or some variation of these skills
Additional Preferred Skills
MongoDB or relevant NoSQL technology
Elastic Stack or relevant technology
New Relic or relevant instrumentation & monitoring
IT Automation and Infrastructure as Code
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.