Key Responsibility Areas
• Build, iterate, and enhance mobile applications on Android
• Build frameworks that can be commonly used by multiple groups
• Perform manual testing and as well as develop automation test cases
• Continue to evaluate innovative approaches on Android and present new ideas to improve our offering on Android and other mobile platforms
• Partner closely with the design team to create an intuitively easy to use application for our users
• Bring new features in the course taking experience to the Android platform
• Optimize the existing code for ease of use and performance, and improve quality
• Continue to improve development process. Evaluate and implement new tools as needed.
• Lead and contribute to a team culture that values quality while fostering initiatives and innovation.
• At least 6 years of experience in developing Native Android application
• Strong technical skills in developing native Android applications. Excellent coding skills in Java and Native Android UI/UX
• Has released a few application on Android & has Solid understanding of the Android platform and Android SDK
• Shown success as an individual contributor as well as team player. Has consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases.
• Exercised exemplary development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews.
• Experience in Continuous integration will be a plus
• Experience in developing apps that work with Bluetooth, Wifi on mobile will be a plus
• Exhibited passion for delivering high quality products that meet business requirements
• Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
• Good to know latest Android framework advancements : Jetpack, Android architecture components
• Good to know Kotlin