In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be the ambassador of Philips HealthTech ensuring that all customers are satisfied while meeting or exceeding our business targets.
You are responsible for
· Performing on-site training of key operators and end users in the use of CPACS systems.
· Working closely with cardiologists, clinicians and other professional staff to ensure the proper and efficient operation of company products.
• Providing and maintaining documentation to support customer training and business unit requirements.
• Providing feedback to Sales, Service, Marketing, Engineering and Product Line management on equipment issues and customer concerns via written and verbal communication.
• Providing additional training and consultation services, contributing to Professional Services revenue goals.
• Participating in special projects for customer and product line development as requested.
• Product demonstration and trade show support,
• Working with the team and colleagues to gain customer acceptance of product,
• Providing on-going support to resolve application related and image quality concerns on both product and system level.
• Performing regular workflow analysis and recommends workflow optimization for the use of clinical applications.
• Making regular visits to spend on-site time with clinical teams to assess workflow efficiency and recommend workflow and/or applications changes.
• Building tables, queries, queues etc. as statistics.
You are a part of
An organization with an incredible diversity of nationalities, skills, backgrounds, functions and challenges. At Philips we have opportunities for graduates as well as experienced professionals in everything from applied research to marketing and sales in over 100 countries. We’re a fascinating company to be part of, with a strong emphasis on cultural awareness, mutual understanding and out-of-the-box thinking.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Bachelor’s degree with clinical background (Ex: As a cardiographer and focus on medical and clinical workflow or equivalent experience),
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the field,
· Qualified as CPACS/ CVIS administrator, experienced in dealing with patients and training users,
· Knowledge of advanced MR/CT/NM visualization of cardiologyimaging and relevant clinical topics is an asset,
· Have knowledge of DICOM, HL7 and other healthcare interoperability standards,
· Have experience with CPACS/ CVIS technologies as well as medical imaging workflow and tools,
· Fluent in English, additional Arabic knowledge is a plus,
· Working knowledge of windows operating systems and applications to include Word, Excel, and Power Point with excellent presentation and communication skills,
· Experience of training individuals on medical equipment,
· Flexibility with travel as job requires 75% the time travel within MET region.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at https://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video at https://youtu.be/ocnMFp1JBuM .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at https://www.careers.philips.com/professional/global/en/workingatphilips on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at https://www.careers.philips.com/global/en/blog-unexpected . Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process at https://www.careers.philips.com/global/en/recruitmentprocess , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at https://www.careers.philips.com/global/en/faq .