Philips PCB Designer in Carlsbad, California
Position occupied on req. 213558
In this role, you have the opportunity to
• Create robust, reliable electrical board/system designs for critical care medical (respiratory care) equipment with complex electromechanical, electro-pneumatic, user interface, patient-response control, and fault tolerance requirements.
• Develop and document designs in compliance with Quality System requirements.
• Integrate new technology, techniques, and concepts to enhance functionality, simplify designs, improve reliability, and reduce production costs.
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering and contract manufacturers to plan and execute Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability activities.
You are responsible for
The PCB Design for sophisticated respiratory care medical equipment. Your work will include a wide variety of designs with a wide range of complexity. Your efforts and skills will impact the reliability, testability, manufacturability, standards compliance robustness and cost of our products. You will participate in a wide range of projects from Design feasibility, to new R&D development, to Sustaining redesign efforts. You will also support Electrical Engineers by managing and standardizing part libraries used for Schematic Capture as well as PCB Layout, writing ECO’s, facilitating ECO reviews, and driving ECO’s to release.
You are a part of
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights, clinical and technical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for health professionals that meet the needs of patients, and empower consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home. If you have talent and would like to utilize your skills to develop state-of-the-art products that help people lead better lives, consider joining us at Philips Healthcare.
We are a leader in critical care non-invasive and invasive ventilation systems. Our innovative state-of-the-art products improve patient care and comfort , and help people lead better lives
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
• 7+ years of experience in electrical schematic capture and PCB layout, with demonstrated success carrying projects through to a robust, verified, producible design and volume production
• 7+ years of experience designing high-speed digital PCBAs, including routing of impedance controlled lines and differential pairs
• 5+ years of experience with PADs PowerPCB (PADS Standard Plus)
• 5+ years of experience designing mixed signal PCBs
• 5+ years of experience designing power supplies and analog circuitry
• 5+ years of experience optimizing designs to reduce EMI
• Must be proficient with CAE tools used for Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
Other Desired Experience/Qualifications:
• Proficiency with OrCAD schematic capture
• AutoCAD experience
• Proficiency in presenting designs in design reviews
• Previous design experience in a regulated environment (i.e. Medical products) or under a formal product development process
This position primarily requires sitting, standing, and walking. Also requires lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs. Must have fine manipulation and grasping skills, as well as the ability to reach, twist, and bend on an occasional to frequent basis.
This position requires certification in PCBA layout (IPC CID+) and a minimum of a BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university or a College degree with advanced is highly desired.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• The ability to efficiently analyze and resolve complex technical issues and evaluate trade-offs to resolve technical problems and achieve overall project objectives
• Strong technical competency
• The ability to meet project commitments (schedule, cost, and project goals)
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams
• Ability to work independently
• A history of robust, reliable and innovative designs
• A history of cooperation and technical leadership
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/philips-recruitment-process.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.