In this role, you have the opportunity to accelerate the development of AI in healthcare, impacting healthy living, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and home care
You are responsible for
• Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create;
• The design, realization, integration, and test of algorithms for signal processing;
• Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you;
• Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget;
• Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader;
• Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software;
• Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system;
• Contributing to improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and future-oriented studies;
• Providing technical guidance to junior staff members.
You are a part of
Electronic department is part of Philips Innovation Services and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). We make a major contribution to the development of many digitally connected Philips products, systems and services. We deliver solutions from first-of-a-kind to mass-production, in multi-disciplinary one-roof teams. We focus on electronics and software development, backed up by 800+ specialists in adjacent competence areas. We work closely together with other Philips R&D departments and with key component suppliers to realize the digital innovation ambition of Philips. We are a certified organization (ISO9001, ISO13485) and are highly experienced in applying standards & regulations (e.g. IEC60601, IEC62304, ISO14971, MDD, FDA).
Your team works according to the Agile methodology, applying the principles of Scrum. You will work on highly innovative propositions, new to Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience;
• You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent;
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in prototype or product development (bonus points for mobile apps);
• Strong signal processing background;
• Familiar with common GPU languages (openCL, openGL, CUDA);
• Familiar with common GPU platforms, like Nvidia, AMD;
• Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum.
In return, we offer you
We believe that every growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
A competitive salary;
25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .