In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work as Technical Writer on problems of diverse scope where analysis of technical product data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. The development of the solution requires a multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge of product data writing principles, theories and concepts.
You are responsible for
• Working with software engineers, clinical physicists, scientists to manage the flow of information among project workgroups during development and testing.
• Leading multi-disciplinary change projects, managing a number of people. Working independently and providing consultative advice within specific functional areas.
• Creating and updating process documents for maintaining technical documents as defined by quality management systems.
• Studying product samples and cooperating with product designers and developers
• Organizing and writing supporting documents for products
• Using photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
• Selecting appropriate media for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
• Revising documents as new issues arise.
You are a part of
This role will be a part of the Engineering Team in Fitchburg, WI
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in product writing or relevant field
• 5+ years of experience in technical writing
• Expertise in Adobe FrameMaker, and experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign
• Experience with authoring user documentation using XML
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Candidate should have some experience with healthcare technical writing
• Ability to understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds
• Understanding of treatment planning systems and ability to work with clinical experts within the team
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.