In this role, you have the opportunity to work for Philips Lifeline
tracking and processing all assigned Sales Orders for Resident Safety System projects, assuring monthly revenue targets are met. You will manage each assigned account activities from initial order through final installation/sign-off for assisted living and/or nursing home sites.
You are responsible for
Contacting clients to collect project plan data including updates and ensures that project is running
g as scheduled; communicates project status to divisional leaders
• Assists in identification, scheduling and processing of project deliverables, milestones and required tasks
• Establishes standards for project reporting and documentation
• Ensures all supporting documentation (i.e. Statement of Work, Service Reports, Paging License Agreement) are recorded and archived on-line.
• Responsible for capturing and reporting expenses per project enabling monthly profit and loss record keeping
• Acts as the liaison between the customer, Philips Lifeline and/or Certified Service Provider/dealer
• Manages and tracks projects from start to finish, working closely with National and Regional Territory Sales Managers Important responsibility #2
You are a part of
Philips Lifeline Senior Living team based in the Framingham, MA office.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• College degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
• Minimum of three plus years’ experience in a professional office environment
• Project administration experience required with leadership/ team lead experience a plus
• Quote, RFI, RFP or ROI form experience a plus and ability to read BluePrints
• Proficient in MS office word and excel and outlook
• Ability to make independent, critical decisions that will impact division revenue
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and thorough follow-up skills
• Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills
• Structured approach to process flow and problem solving
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and or projects
• Computer skills include: Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
• Ability to read project/site plans or architectural drawings/blueprints
• High level of tact, integrity and professionalism
• Minimal travel required (10%)
In return, we offer you
The ability to sign up for benefits the first day you start work with no waiting period and more!.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.