Philips Buyer Planner in Gainesville, Florida
Develop and continually optimize the Master Production Schedule to meet customer backlog and sales forecasts. Plan and schedule work flow for Work Centers according to previously established manufacturing capacities and lead times.
Monitor resources, materials and capacity availability to support the master schedule. Advise management when conflicts exist. Continually update schedule according to established priorities and availability or capability of workers, parts, material, machines and equipment. Assist Planners with managing short term priorities and expediting operations that delay schedules.
Develop and analyze forecast scenarios to identify possible threats and opportunities for improvement and share these recommendations with management. Analyze customer requirements against plant capacity data to assist in meeting both short and long term business objectives.
Develop and enforce master production policies and systems, as applicable.
Monitor and report schedule and forecast performances as compared to plan and submit recommendations for improvements.
Integrate lean initiatives and concepts (inventory reduction, kanban, throughput, etc.) into the scheduling process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Creation & maintenance of Master Production Schedule based on inputs from the following functional work areas: Sales Orders for standard products; Special Sales Orders; FRU Sales Orders; Engineering P4 Pre-Production Orders; Engineering Custom Work Order Demands and Repair Department Work Order Demands.
Development, implementation and management of performance metrics directly related Master Production Schedule function.
Monitor Forecast / Sales Orders / Manufacturing Capacity to level load Manufacturing Operation.
Lead weekly Planning Meeting to establish ship projections and provide forum for problem resolution.
Participate as a key Team Member to consistently achieve improvements to on-time delivery performance.
Develop a reporting and feedback mechanism for product forecasting (accuracy target >85%). Ensure system updates are conducted to provide adequate planning horizon for purchasing activities and manufacturing capacity considerations.
Active participation in physical inventory activities.
Perform other duties as assigned.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 3-5 years experience dealing with the Materials Managements aspects of ERP software is required. Above average capability related to use of Excel software. Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy for administrative activities required. Effective oral and written communication skills required. Appropriate business demeanor under high pressure and often short deadlines.
Experience/Education: Qualified candidates should have a degree in BA or APICS Certification w/ 3 - 5 years work experience in a Materials Management Planning role.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Ensure the availability and the optimum use of resources: materials, labor, and machine through principles of lean management.
You are responsible for
The Buyer Planner effectively utilizes skills and experience in Planning, Purchasing, Production Scheduling and Project Management to meet the goals of Operations, Plant, and Company.
Production Scheduling Activities:
• Based on the firm Finished Goods plan, create and maintain a fine production schedule/plan taking into account available resources such as manufacturing time, labor resource, machine availability, production yields, and other key production factors.
• Perform Work Order maintenance to ensure accurate representation of material required.
• Provide all information needed from a sequencing reporting stand point, being customer focused.
• Attend all related Tier Meetings in order to communicate effectively with all the stakeholders; Participate in the Daily Management process by taking full ownership of exceeding delivery and inventory targets.
• Collaborate with the Production and Manufacturing Engineering to effectively manage material requirement changes resulting from Engineering Change Notifications (ECNs), product End of Life (EOL) or product End of Support (EOS)
• Manage and maintain the Heijunka boards according to Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Maintain all master data related to the scheduling activities (Work Centers, MRP parameters etc.).
• Employ fundamental knowledge of purchasing best practices to ensure material availability and support supplier development goals.
• Provide materials support by coordinating and scheduling material purchase orders based on MRP output and evaluation of reports.
• Place, execute and track Purchase Orders (POs) on time.
• Follow up on deliveries, monitor delivery performances.
• Provide support to the manufacturing line by resolving all material issues in a timely manner and interfacing with materials group, customer service, quality, and suppliers to insure all customer needs are met or exceeded.
You are a part of
This role will be a part of the Supply Chain Team in Gainesville, FL.
Invivo Corporation, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in MRI coils and related accessories.
Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of MRI scanners, or directly to clinical MRI users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of MRI coils and more recently in the development of integrated clinical solutions like Functional MRI and the DynaCAD breast imaging system. Research and advanced development are at the core of the future of the MRI field and are a key part of Invivo's strategy for growth.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain is preferred
• Min 3 years of equivalent professional experience in buying and planning function (Medical Device or Lean focused is a plus)
• APICS Certification preferred
• Min 3 years of experience in production planning and / or purchasing is an asset
• Good knowledge of SAP (PP/DS) or an ERP is a must have
• Experience within an industrial manufacturing environment
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures, schematics, BOM, etc.
• Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft applications (PPT, Outlook, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills, fluent verbal and written in English
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to cope with stress and fast-changing environment
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.