Philips is focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation. Our aim is to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2030. We are undergoing an exciting transformation globally from a consumer and healthcare business into a leader in the Health & Technology space. As part of this transformation we have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner.
In this role you will be the responsible for leading the finance function in the respective business of the UK&I market, with focus on being a business partner for the Market business leader and the Market business Leadership Team (LT), ensuring financially sound decision making and driving financial performance (P&L accountability).
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Participate in market business LT and drive strategy development and financially sound business decision making with financial analysis, strategy modeling and portfolio management
· Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
· Manage the financial planning processes for the market (Strategic plans, Annual Operating Plans & Quarterly Forecasts)
· Drive financial performance (P&L resp., Mkt. share, growth & profitability, working capital oversight, overdues management)
· Drive decisions on sales channels, ROI, investments in Market Share, and supportive in financing solutions
· Ensure correct and timely statutory and fiscal reporting
· Ensure strong and efficient internal control environment
· Manage and develop the finance organization (incl. HR responsibility)
You are part of UK & Ireland Finance team.
This role reports directly into the UK&I Head of Finance. You will have dotted line reporting to the UK&I respective Business Leader, and be part of the leadership team while having continuous contacts with local business teams based in UK&I and global finance contacts based in Amsterdam.
Working at Philips means driving your career in an organization with an incredible diversity of nationalities, skills, backgrounds, functions and challenges. We have opportunities for graduates as well as experienced professionals in everything from applied research to marketing and sales in over 100 countries. We’re a fascinating company to be part of, with a strong emphasis on cultural awareness, mutual understanding and out-of-the-box thinking.
This position will be based from our Guildford office where we operate an agile working environment in this office. We will consider flexible working arrangements.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· University degree in relevant field
· Finance qualification (CIMA, CMA, ACCA, CPA, CFA or similar)
· Great track record of business acumen, experience working with senior stakeholders and delivering results
· Retail, e-commerce or consumer products experience is a plus
· SAP user and with demonstrable experience in a similar role is a plus
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Confident Excel user
· Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
· Experience of working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data required for business success
· Team management and leadership.
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• A competitive base salary plus a high performance related bonus.
• Access to private healthcare insurance
• Holiday allowance of 25 days a year from the start (plus bank holidays)
• Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University
• Family friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
• The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices
• Subsidized Café promoting healthy eating and wellbeing at the Guildford site
• Social Events - a dedicated Sports & Social committee with members in Guildford and Cambridge, promoting a host of social events throughout the year including the famous Family Sports Day at Surrey Sports Park.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at https://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video at https://youtu.be/ocnMFp1JBuM .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at https://www.careers.philips.com/professional/global/en/workingatphilips on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at https://www.careers.philips.com/global/en/blog-unexpected . Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process at https://www.careers.philips.com/global/en/recruitmentprocess , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at https://www.careers.philips.com/global/en/faq .