In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Make fundamental R&D contributions to CT/AMI Imaging systems efforts that will help improve the lives of millions of people around the world, while also advancing Philips digital transformation journey as a global leader in Health Technology. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will make valuable contributions to new systems functionality, NPI and sustaining engineering for the current set of CT/AMI Imaging Products (e.g. iCT, IQon, Vereos, Ingenuity, Ingenuity Big-Bore, Chess) and future products.
You are responsible for:
• Overall technical leadership and responsibility for realization of a new product release (NPI) or sustaining activity in the Imaging Systems domain.
• Translation of user requirements, requirements management, top level design, feasibility of potential solutions, decomposition of derived requirements in system domain
• Design reviews
• Systems Integration oversight
• Technical liaison to the program
• Identification of requirements, Design Evaluation, Defect and Risk Management, Detailed Design, Integration and Verification/Validation
You are a part of:
Global Systems Engineering organization is part of the CT/AMI R&D. The team is responsible to deliver First Time Right products to our customers by leveraging system engineering best practices, domain expertise and system level thinking with a global mindset. The system engineer plays a key role in product programs and engineering activities.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
Minimum-BS/MS in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science or Biomedical Engineering.
Minimum-7+ years of experience in a Systems Engineering role in a regulated product development environment (FDA, DOD, Aerospace, Automotive), preferably FDA regulated medical device/systems.
• Demonstrable clear oral communication, as well as well-organized documentation skills; excellent command of written and spoken English
• Ability to drive solutions and decisions in a cross-functional team environment
• Experience in a Requirements Management tool (eg. Rational RequisitePRO or DOORS) and problem reporting/defect tracking tools such as Rational ClearQuest.
• Demonstrated capability to conduct and lead technical reviews of product design elements
• Demonstrated ability in leading evolution of a complex feature, where analysis requires both evaluation of multiple candidate solutions and significant evaluation of intangibles. kill
• Proven excellence in technical leadership in a matrix environment, including demonstrated ability to influence indirect resources
• Project and process management
• Knowledge and experience spanning multiple engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, software and systems engineering) is advantageous.
• Medical diagnostic industry awareness
• System modeling/ simulation
• DESIRED- Practical knowledge of standards and regulations pertaining to the medical device industry, both domestic and international. This includes but is not limited to organizations such as FDA, IEC, ISO, CFDA, ACR, AAPM, COCIR, MITA and other directives such as RoHS and WEEE. Examples include: FDA 21CFR820.30, IEC 60601-1 and ISO 14971.
In return, we offer you:
An opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.