Philips Marketing Manager, Connected Care Solutions in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Supports, as product specialist for a specific region or large country, the order acquisition process for his product range by developing new sales tools and by giving presentations to potential key-customers. Provides relevant and up-to-date information about the products and competition to the local sales staff. Monitors total sales results and initiates corrective actions for his region/large country. Supports exhibitions and congresses and has regular contact with key customers. Monitors the sales results and proposes corrective actions. Contributes to the marketing plan for the region or country and gives input for the global marketing plan. Acts as central point of contact for the region or country.
The Field Marketer CCS develops and implements key strategies and support initiatives by working with the District Modality Specialists within Africa. The plan and its execution is directed towards achieving the business targets in each of the Districts set by Market Africa.
The Field Marketer reports to the Director, Business Marketing MA&TC Africa .
Please note that the role could be located: in Cairo, Egypt or in Johannesburg, South Africa or in Eindhoven, Netherlands
You are responsible for:
A thorough knowledge of the business within Africa, Clinical Use Model, and our position in each of the Districts along with the knowledge of Worldwide CS market.
Evaluation of the market needs and information to anticipate market trends, and create strategies for Connected Solution CS business for Africa and within Districts based on different scenarios and options.
Collection and analysis of Market Africa funnel through Win/Loss analysis models to evaluate our segment strengths and areas which need improvement
Evaluation of competitors market initiatives and trends and develop competitive winning strategy by providing tools, education and material to Market Africa and its Districts.
Upstream marketing goals
• Communicating future product & solution needs and working with development teams in BIU to incorporate them in new products
• Communicating to the BIU on the deficiencies of the current products, and issues in the field and derive solutions to the satisfaction of Market customers.
• Work directly with the BIU to evaluate new products or releases to develop products that fit best into the Market and their needs
• Prepare the CS BMC plan and drive BU/Market interactions during the BMC dialogue.
• Provide the market input for BMC calls.
Downstream Marketing goals:
• Developing effective sales tools – Demo tips, Power demos, and Clinical Images.
• Detailed analysis of competitive products and the challenges the Market Africa experiences based upon public and internal market data.
• Develop educational flyers and easy access material for sales and clinical staff, providing competitive responses with answers to deal with customer objections
• New Product Training for the sales representatives and clinical application specialists (direct & indirect sales channels)
• New Product Introduction Launches and Roadshow/Exhibitions
• Prioritize sales support activities of Sales Support Centre based on Market Africa demands and Opportunities
• Clinical Marketing strategy and tactics by identifying the key Clinical Applications in the Market & Districts
• Clinical marketing activity to train the customers on the applications of Philips CS products.
• Participation in shows and conferences with powerful demo and/or presentations of our products.
You are a part of an organization with an incredible diversity of nationalities, skills, backgrounds, functions and challenges. At Philips we have opportunities for graduates as well as experienced professionals in everything from applied research to marketing and sales in over 100 countries. We’re a fascinating company to be part of, with a strong emphasis on cultural awareness, mutual understanding and out-of-the-box thinking.
Your Key responsibilities will be:
Supporting the Market Africa and its Districts to develop marketing strategies to help them successfully meet the following measures:
IGM, Order intake, Market share, and Customer Preference towards Philips
Developing expert knowledge of customer/market requirements, clinical trends and competitor activities through market research, and close contact with key clinical societies and recognized opinion leaders in the segment.
Analyzing business/market/competitor trends, competitive Win/Loss analysis models, customer needs and support the BMM MA&TC, to translate into innovative marketing programs to maximize business success.
Developing luminary sites and activities throughout Market Africa, which promote additional market opportunities and revenue by increasing customer awareness of Philips leadership in key technologies.
Developing plans of effective marketing strategies for education, training of new technologies as the market changes and focus upon global and regional strategies with specific needs for the Districts.
Working with Business Marketing Manager MA&TC, to develop the BMC plan for CS Business, reviewed and updated quarterly in line with the forecast submission.
Preparing and implement new NPI’s.
Working with Business Marketing Manager MA&TC, to monitor and quantitatively measure marketing program’s effectiveness and modify or re-direct the program to achieve objectives.
You will possess a thorough and complete knowledge of all product features & capabilities within designated responsibility, available MARCOM and selling materials, and ability to present key product strengths and capabilities to select groups of customers, trade-shows, training meetings or promotional events.
Preparing the CS BMC plan and drive BU/Market interactions during the BMC dialogue.
Preparing and drive the BMC monthly calls. To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
University level education or equivalent and expert understanding of the business environment, preferably with 5 years directly related experience in IT and Connected Solutions, Medical Device or in healthcare industry.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build excellent personal Relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Healthtech
Strong, demonstrated leadership, coordination and facilitation skills.
Strong, demonstrated business judgment.
Willing and able to travel around 50% of time.
Very good level of English in addition to local language
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .