In this role, you have the opportunity to
Design and drive the business success of Philips Healthcare.
Procurement Engineer collaborates with all cross-functional stakeholders and manages early supplier involvement on new product designs in order to ensure business success. This position holder will use an end-to-end approach and close cooperation with the R&D as well as the service department in order to ensure customer satisfaction, high product quality, long-term profitability, and business growth.
You are responsible for
• Representing procurement in the product creation process including leading Design for Excellence (DfX) conventions, identifying supplier technologies and leading supplier selection.
• Identifying and executing supplier improvement projects to control and mitigate procurement related risks (quality, availability, cost).
• Identifying supplier manufacturability issues by collaborating with suppliers and implementing feedback with Engineering.
• Supporting the negotiation teams with conceptual and fact-based information and opportunities to drive significant structural cost reduction improvement.
• Creating a procurement strategy that enables the business road map.
• Providing input to the Commodity teams regarding the supply base characteristics, based on the business requirements.
You are a part of
The Field Generating Unit (FGU) business line, which resides in the Imaging Components (IC) business unit, is the sole R&D and manufacturing location of superconducting magnets, which are used in all of Philips MRI Systems globally. Procurement Engineering has the opportunity to drive early and deep procurement involvement on new platform designs and product enhancements, while focusing on the End2End approach during supplier selection process and product lifecycle management activities. You will be reporting to the Procurement Engineering Manager based in Latham, NY.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
• 7+ years’ experience managing supplier relationships, leading suppliers in new product development, and leading supplier improvement projects
• Expertise in value Engineering, Design for Excellence, LEAN, Statistical process control and/or Six Sigma
• Project Management experience with the ability to think strategically in a global environment
• Ability to lead project based Cost Engineering activities, and manage reporting of results within the project teams
• Strong organization, planning and communication skills are required
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to manage cost down initiatives, drive innovation and technology, while ensuring timelines/deliverables stay on track. You will also have the chance to manage the challenging and changing environment, while constantly improving internal processes and business tools.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.