As a Business Process Expert in Supplier Risk Management team you will support the efforts to prevent passing risks to our consumer and patients and to minimize the impact for Royal Philips. In your role you will proactively manage the strategic, financial, operational and compliance risks to prevent supply or revenue disruption, by defining lean processes, implementing control structures and supporting crisis management. This position will be part of the Philips Procurement Governance team and will work directly with the Global Supplier Risk Manager.
By building long-term strategic supplier relationships, Procurement helps Philips to bring innovations to the market faster and more effectively than the competition. We work across the business groups, functions and markets, taking an end-to-end approach that ensures that our procurement competencies are adding value for our customers in every market we operate in. The role of Supplier Risk Management is to secure transparency of various risks and exposures caused by our supply base through the implementation of Integral Supplier Risk Framework.
The Team leads the Integral Supplier Risk Framework implementation in Philips Procurement and connected functions. The team consists of a Global Supplier Risk Manager and two Project Specialists, with whom you will work directly.
In your role you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring availability and quality of data required for state of art supplier risk assessments including the right controls
• Implementation of a global Integral Supplier Risk Framework across Royal Philips; deployment of risk rating methodology to manage strategic, financial, operational, business continuity and compliance risks.
• Maintenance of supplier risk management processes, tools and templates
• Leading continuous improvement projects to further optimize the effectiveness of risk assessment and mitigation practices
• Monitoring and assessment of the identified risks in order to check adequacy of the process and effectiveness of taken decisions and actions.
• Facilitating supplier crisis management
• Monitoring and reporting out on metrics and progress related to supplier risk management
• Training of Procurement employees and related functions on supplier risk management process
• Managing relationship with a third-party risk assessment service provider
• Maintaining internal cross-functional network related to risk management and supplier management
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
You have a good understanding of supplier risk management domain, either by previous experience in Procurement or Finance, that include the ability to interpret business challenges and impact that can be caused by suppliers. Specialized experience in risk management such as handling bankruptcies or supply chain disruptions will be a strong advantage. You can work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. You possess skills to manage interactions with cross-functional stakeholders beyond your direct scope of influence. Your knowledge of macro-economic and political risks will be a great addition.
• Master degree in a Finance, Business Administration, Supply Chain or relevant technical discipline
• min. 4 years of relevant working experience
• Ideally a background in Procurement or Finance
• Able to work in complex structures and matrix organization
• Strong collaboration, communication and partnering capabilities
• Ability to identify and implement improvement opportunities
• Team player, easy to work in international team in different geographies
• Analytical skills and attention to details
• English Language mandatory
• Experience in Project Management is an advantage
• Willingness to take ownership to deliver measurable results
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Annual bonus based on performance achieved
Private medical care with option to extend it to family members
Benefit System cards
Discount for Philips’ products
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .