In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
You are responsible for
This 1st shift position works 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. The incumbent in this role has the primary responsibility, within the Central Distribution and Reverse Logistics Center, on executing all phases of parcel shipping as well as specialty services.
Outcomes: The successful candidate will:
• Record items taken from inventory & document when completed.
• Complete orders as part of a team or individually: picking orders & wrapping or packing orders in shipping containers.
• Address & label packages, compute freight rates & record the weight & cost of each shipment.
• Receive, unpack, check and stock materials.
• Prepare shipping documents & labels; ensure orders have been completed correctly.
• Sort, organize, and mark items with identifying labels, such as inventory codes, so that inventories can be located quickly and easily.
• Will be required to move cartons weighing up to 60 lbs.
• Perform a broad variety of duties relative to fulfillment of customer orders.
• Fulfillment of customer orders quickly and accurately while printing, picking, packing, data entering, and manifesting.
• Pick the items listed on an order and place in to carton, verify location, unit of measure and product against pick ticket.
• Review order for partial shipment and handle according to procedure to ensure accurate order and invoicing for customer.
• Follow all applicable procedures outlined within the quality system.
• Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
• Maintain exceptional housekeeping standards in the Distribution Center.
• Assure accurate, efficient, cost effective completion of customer orders with a sense of urgency.
Behaviors: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Market foresight, learning agility and teaming (RI key competencies) • Interpersonal skills • An action/problem solving orientation
Growth: The successful candidate will:
• Define with their manager goals for personal and professional development • Take accountability to execute their personal development plan
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, required
Experience: Previous record of satisfactory work history. Prior experience in an automated warehouse environment, preferred. Basic Computer skills required. Microsoft Office and SAP, preferred.
Core Detail minded, team oriented, comprehension of instruction and communication, Customer Focus,
Competencies: Problem Solving, Ethics & Values Physical This position requires frequent standing, walking, twisting, bending and
Requirements: reaching. Must be able to frequently lift and carry items weighing up to 60 pounds.
Position also requires operating standard warehouse equipment, including: forklift, picker, pallet jack and other packaging equipment in a warehouse environment. Must be able to work 1st shift as a regular assignment. Must be able to work regularly scheduled mandatory overtime which can include Saturdays and 10 to 12 hour shifts.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.