Associate Defect Investigation Technician
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
Operate relatively autonomous within procedures, methods and techniques, as an Associate Technician. You will perform non-repetitive assignments and decides on the method and sequence of work for Philips device repairs.
You are responsible for
· Conducting failure investigations on less complex products and perform the rework and repair. · Determining the approach from known solutions based upon technical knowledge.
· Documenting investigations and rework properly in the SAP Quality Notification system.
· Performing and/or assist in QCDSP responsibilities within the department.
· Effectively communicating with operators, fellow technicians, engineers and supervisors as required
· Navigating in our Intraweb's Quality System to find appropriate procedures.
· Being actively involved in the departments' QCDSP system and addressing basic problems through QEKs and 5Ys.
You are a part of The Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) business, which exists to restore natural sleep and breathing. You will be part of the Manufacturing Operations team in the Murrysville, PA location.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Electrical Engineering Technology background preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
· 1+ year electromechanical assembly experience
· 2+ years of experience conducting failure investigations on electrical or medical device products (i.e. sound tests)
· 2+ years of experience working within Microsoft Word and Excel
· Knowledge of creating and finding documents within an ERP system (SAP a plus)
· Basic understanding of IQ/PQ principle and processes
In return, we offer you to take initiative within cross functional manufacturing groups, to educate on device data and drive the reduction in overall device failures.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.