In this role, you have the opportunity to
Conduct Design V&V activities as an active member of project teams designing and developing medical devices and software. Software applications are developed for the Web, Client Server, Android and IOS platforms.
You are responsible for
• Analyzing product and sub-system requirements.
• Analyzing and verifying medical device designs.
• Writing detailed test procedures that evaluate medical devices and systems against documented software requirements.
• Executing test procedures on a Web, Client Server or Mobile phone platform.
• Maintaining and controlling test execution records using good lab practices.
• Technical writing, including development of test reports.
• Works with system level, multi-disciplined engineering projects.
• Requires limited direction
• Makes risk-based decisions, balancing business and compliance issues.
• Plans and manages assignments of significant scope; may direct other engineers.
• Communicates at all levels of the organization.
• Develop relationships with teams and may take on leadership roles to plan, guide, and track project efforts.
You are a part of
At Philips we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep and respiratory solutions. This tradition of innovation, combined with our ability to anticipate market needs, has made Philips a global leader in the markets we serve.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
BS in Engineering, Computer, or other Science discipline, or equivalent with 2+ years of job related experience. Or Associates Degree with 4+ years of job-related experience.
• Disciplined, regulated industries, medical device experience preferred, including FDA’s 21 CFR 820/ISO 13485 experience.
• Software development using ISO 62304 or equivilent.
• Risk Management using IEC 14971 and IEC 60601 or equivalent.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• Experience testing on IOS and Android operating systems.
• Experience working with Agile methodologies.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.