In this role, you have the opportunity to:
The MR Patient Care business identifies and meets customer and market needs by designing, developing, and globally distributing specialized MRI compatible patient monitoring solutions, consumables and sensors. We are a global market leader in this space and our solutions are chosen by the top 10 children’s hospitals in the US.
You are responsible for:
The Senior Systems Design Engineer will be a key member of the technical staff in Product Development and be involved in the design, development, and maintenance of new and existing MR Patient Care product lines. The Senior Systems Engineer has the technical responsibility for the design and system architecture and leads the effort to introduce new products that create value for MR Patient Care through innovation and design, while delivering high quality engineering solutions.
· Design and develop requirements and architectures for complex medical devices
· Proven design track record
· Write requirements, specifications, verification and validation plans reports and summaries of development projects and tasks
· Coordinate activities on a multi-discipline project team through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative, best-in-class designs
· Work closely with leaders and team members cross-functionally (Quality & Regulatory, Program Management, Product Management, etc.)
· Gains expert knowledge from both within and outside the industry in order to keep abreast of both engineering and relevant technological developments
· Assists in the mentoring and the development of the engineering team through a hands-on approach and active participation in design reviews
You are a part of:
A team of highly skilled engineers, focused on creating world-class health care solutions. Our focus on improving lives contributes to our amazing work environment and culture.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
· Minimum of BS degree in Electrical Engineering
· Experience leading medical, or other regulated industry, product development
· Minimum ten (10) years engineering / R&D experience in a rigorous quality-focused environment
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a Systems Engineering role, or a role having overall systems responsibility involving electrical (analog and digital), mechanical and firmware disciplines
· Excellent requirements and specification writing skills
· Knowledge of product development processes and best practices
· Knowledge of verification and validation testing processes
· Ability to coach team members in the discipline of Systems Engineering
· Ability to build and maintain effective cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships
· Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
· Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline
· Understanding of US and international regulatory requirements for medical devices
In return, we offer you:
An opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.