In this role, you have the opportunity to
Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on catheter manufacturing equipment in a clean room environment. Equipment Maintenance Technician II ensures that maintenance is performed in compliance with all applicable safety and quality procedures, manages spare parts from purchasing through delivery, and maintains the accuracy of the Computer Maintenance Management System.
You are responsible for
• Performing corrective and preventive maintenance of all catheter production tools.
• Utilizing maintenance tracking software and procedures to maintain 100% accuracy for all equipment maintenance records.
• Maintaining 99% uptime for all active production tools and green-to-green time <= 30 min.
• Ordering spare parts in Oracle, tracking delivery to ensure parts arrive on time.
• Receiving parts and utilizing spare parts kanban to minimize production tool downtime.
• Timely response to maintenance and support requests from Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, and Facilities departments.
• Working self-directed and as part of a team in the execution of maintenance responsibilities.
•Carrying out assignments in a safe and efficient manner. Ensuring work is in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and safety codes.
• Respecting all team members, regardless of their individual differences, and being able and motivated to improve both individual and team contributions to achieve desired results.
• Communicating effectively with peers, managers and other departments on the status of equipment repairs and requests for support.
• Interfacing with vendors and service contractors in the coordination and execution of maintenance activities.
• Vendor and contractor oversight.
You are a part of
At Philips, we work on meaningful innovations that improve the lives of people all over the world. In this role, you will be in on the ground floor as we develop a strong operations team in a newly renovated production facility for a Class III combination device in Minnesota.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Associates degree in a technical field.
• Knowledge of working in a FDA regulated environment.
• Minimum 5 years of previous industrial maintenance experience.
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technically complex equipment issues, assess root cause and repair.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments based on impact to the production area.
• Experience following written procedures and documenting work performed.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Experience with Lean manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement strategies.
• Being capable of heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
Ability to use the following Material and Equipment:
• Mechanical and electrical tools, power tools, torque wrenches, voltmeters, and other miscellaneous tooling, as necessary.
• Maintenance logs, drawings, SOP’s, schematics, flow charts, etc.
• Applicable software packages including Maintenance Connection, Agile, Oracle, and MS Office apps.
• May utilize high vacuum systems, meters and gauges.
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.