In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a procurement Engineer, you will be responsible for for set-up of procurement processes in Idea to market, market to order and order to customer.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures that optimized TCO (cost, quality, availability) are assured in product and business creation and through their full life cycle, utilizing DFX. –
· Procurement Engineer drives the sourcing plan, leading supplier selection and ensuring adherence to the Business Procurement strategy
· Drives early supplier involvement and identifies cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target costing
Collaborate with Supplier Quality in the new supplier/component release process, including compliance and sustainability aspects
You are responsible for
· Understanding the basic principles of Executing Cost Down projects - Understanding the basic principles of Cost Engineering –
· Understanding the basic principles of the materials / goods flow - Understanding the IT systems related to price inputs connected to part numbers
· Understanding the principles of Value Engineering (L1)
· Cost down projects executed for assigned product portfolio
· Cost calculations and cost reduction advice for individual components in assigned product. - Support discussions on cost drivers with suppliers.
· Participates in Cost down projects and manages reporting of results –
· Participates in project based Cost Engineering activities, manage reporting of results within the project teams. –
· Stimulates significant impact on the cost price of a component or product module. - Based on supply value of > €7 M
· Team member, typically reporting to the Site or Category Procurement Engineering Business Partner.
You are a part of
Procurement engineering team is responsible for set-up of procurement processes in Idea to Market, Market to order and Order to customer. KPI’s include BOM savings, procurement strategy for new products, productivity ideas and drive these with different stakeholders, supports all NPI’s, new cost savings ideas and new procurement processes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· 10-15 years of relevant sourcing experience
· Knowledge of Digital X Ray systems, related supplier base.
· An engineering bachlers degree or higher.
· Specific experience in product development (NPI) in & Supplier Development in high technology environments with high regulatory requirements with low volume high complexity manufacturing
· Working with global teams, environments and experience in managing local as well as global supply base
· Should have handled various commodities like Mechanical, Electrical
· Key stake holders for this functions are R&D for Product development (NPI) and life cycle management, Operations, Supplier quality & Regulatory teams