In this role, you have the opportunity to design, develop and maintain Diagnostic X-ray systems (Radiography, Fluoro & Mammography) and realization of a range of products in such a way that future products options and features can be realized with acceptable effects for the earlier products. You are responsible for identifying appropriate technologies for overall system, sub-system and component levels. You will ensure that your design is consistent with the higher level architecture and requirements.
You are responsible for
· Creation of the Embedded software architecture that is modular, easy to maintain, extendible (components and modules) and re-usable
· Ensure that the proposed architecture would have the safety and reliability features built-in
· Responsible for ensuring that architecture meets the performance criteria
· Formulates the SW-technical roadmap, relevant for his subsystem taking into account SW technologies (operating systems, data bases), application trends, non-SW technologies (image processing trends etc.)
· Conducts Concept & Feasibility studies. Leads the introduction of new technologies
· Technically responsible for the software in (sub-) projects. Delegate, control and verify that the SW is build according to his SW architecture. Verifies that the integration is according to the architecture
· Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate components in modular design that meets the product specification
· Guides the Software Development Engineers in the design and implementation aspects
· Participates in the system architecture definition and in the Product Requirement Specification; advises the System/HW Architect regarding choices of what has to be achieved in hardware and software (multidisciplinary)
· Ensures that SW architecture meets the product certification requirements
· FPGA/Microprocessor Hardware design, requirements flow down, traceability of Hardware requirements
· Is abreast of / participates in standards identification responsible for designing
· Has expertise in design techniques, application domain and SW engineering.
· Networks with colleagues within BU and beyond and maintains external contacts for benchmarking, new SW-technologies, tooling, design methods, and reflects them to the SW-group
· Acts in line with departmental and project processes(QMS)
· Advising on realization, planning and budgets
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with country specific regulations
You are a part of
Diagnostic X-Ray R&D team. Philips HIC, Pune is playing a key role in Philips global strategy for DXR. With Philips HIC, the foundation was laid to touch billions of lives and reiterate Philips commitment towards Indian and growth healthcare markets.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Completed engineering studies at university level; BE/BTech/ME/Mtech/MS/MSc in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science/Bio-Medical with 12+ years of experience
· Detailed knowledge of digital design including embedded processors/ FPGA, memory, data bus architectures, ADC/DACs, Displays etc. Experience in design of serial / network communications including UART (RS-232, RS-485), CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet (TCP/IP, UDP), EtherCAT.
· Knowledge of OOPS (Object oriented programming) concept like C++, C#; RTOS (Real time operating system); Control systems; CPU concepts – stack, heap, memory mapping, linkers
· Proficient in end to end FPGA design flow.
· Knowledge of model based system design
· Hands on experience in using troubleshooting tools like oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc. Hands on experience in board bring up activity. Good Knowledge of configuration management concepts and tools (Clearcase etc.)
· Ability to understand and debug problems across hardware/software boundaries and should have experience of SW development (coding) /debugging on prototype hardware and changing requirements.
· Expertise in design techniques, application domain and engineering
· Analytical, Lateral thinker with bird’s eye view, capable of finding an appropriate solution to complex problems.
· Is capable to introduce new technologies and efficiency improvements on group level (change management)
· Knowledge of and experience in hardware/software interfaces, understanding of cross functional operations
· Exposure to work on global environment, ability to communicate on different levels, good listener
· Exposure to International Medical Quality and Regulatory Standards e.g. IEC, FDA, UL, CE, CSA, BIS etc. will be preferred
· Experience in the field of Medical Devices product design e.g. X-Ray, Mammography systems etc. will be added advantage
· Knowledge of IEC 60601/IEC 62304 standards is preferred
· Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently
· System thinking mindset and domain expertise in the related area
· Ability to present ideas and to convince project team members
· Be structured and self-organized
· Excellent communication skills
· Team player, leadership skills and drive for results
· Quality mindset in design and documentation
In return, we offer you
· A rewarding career in Philips with attractive package. `
· Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
· Attractive collective health insurance package
. Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .