Philips Senior Electrical Engineer in Shenyang, China
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop various electrical engineering solutions encompassing design, implementation and testing to meet sub-system requirements for CT and PET/CT Scanners.
You are responsible for
• Lead the analysis, testing, troubleshooting, and documenting of internal or supplier electrical systems and/or sub-systems with all projects and tasks of small to medium scope
• Lead the development of modeling, simulation and analysis. Produce the design requirements and designs for electrical systems and/or sub-systems with all projects and tasks of small to medium scope
• Normally requires little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participate in planning and maintains schedule
• Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Support the development of good Value Engineering and Design for Reliability/Service methodology
• Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways
• Solve problems where domain is a mix of technical and non-technical areas (i.e. process, program, etc.) using any and all methods, including using others or finding published solutions. Able to objectively evaluate different solutions
• Learn quickly and can figure out things for themselves when in-house expertise is not available. Ability to apply new technologies
• Good time management skills. Correctly prioritizes their own work and deals well with ambiguity and changing priorities
• Self-manage projects and tasks and delivers to deadlines
• Develop reasonable task estimates and practices risk mitigation
• Actively mentors / coaches less experienced employees
• Actively participates with all cross-hardware units and/or cross- functional teams.
• Expected to take some team lead, feature lead or technical leads positions on smaller features or projects
• Additional duties as assigned
You are a part of
A progressive and energetic team that contributes directly to the growth of the business. You have a direct reporting line to the Manager, Gantry Platform E&E, with Cross functional team as your key stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
• 6+ years of proven ability to design & develop electrical solutions
• Strong knowledge in Electrical design or Electrical Engineering related Knowledge
• Proficient in EDA software, such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc.
• Ability to use common electrical testing equipment.
• Better understanding of basic working principle of common electrical components.
• Master in working principle of motion control, such as servo system, frequency converter and frequency motor
• Working knowledge of designing to IEC 60601 and IPC-610 & IPC-620 standards
• Product development process and good knowledge in ISO13485 (preferred)
• Ability to work within a cross functional organization with good communication skills.
• Structured problem analysis and solving
• Must be open-minded to assure best design is chosen
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills while communicating in both English and Chinese
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this product development role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• We offer a market conform salary
• A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
• Convenient working conditions in office
• Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
• Attractive collective health insurance package
• Opportunity to buy Philips products with discount
• Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.