In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join the dynamic Category Management team at Philips North America to work alongside highly driven and passionate team mates to help Customers and Philips realize profitable category growth.
We are looking for a well rounded individual who not only possesses strong Category Management, Shopper insights, Consumer Insights and Analytic skills but who is also a creative leader, willing to venture into uncharted territory to influence and support the growth of Philips’ businesses.
You are responsible for
• Collaborate with Marketing & Sales leadership to build Category Management capabilities for Philips Personal Health at customers and grow thought leadership leading to profitable category growth.
• Develop transformational, fact-based recommendations on how to re-image Personal Care, Oral Care and Infant Feeding categories through analytics, consumer & shopper insights, that will create value in the category and aisle.
• Develop and deploy best in class category management and analytic practices within the Category management team, assuming leadership role on key internal initiatives to drive next level thinking across the team.
• Consistently deliver competitive and customer intelligence to team to help with business planning and decision making.
• Create and plan category leadership solutions that should include shopper and category insights across: item assortment (everyday/new products/promoted/ seasonal), everyday shelving and merchandising, pricing and promotions
• Use category insights data to create a clear direction for assigned categories, optimizing the 4 P's and leading key next generation aisle initiatives
• In accordance to Philips Strategic Category initiatives, execute category leadership solutions to accelerate both Category and Philips growth (including setting success measures, following through and monitoring).
• Where appropriate, manage and deliver against the responsibilities of the Category Captaincy/Advisory process in partnership with the customer and advisor manufacturer partners.
• Own assortment and lead planogram activities - adjust local retailer assortment and portfolio to meet existing consumer trends.
• Commission and commercialize shopper insights projects driving improved merchandising and buyer conversion opportunities.
• Commission and report consumer insights projects driving improved product performance & delivery and consumer conversion opportunities.
• Establish relationships with key customer stakeholders, Philips leaders and partners.
• Independently analyze multiple data sources including point of sale, household panel, and shopper information to identify opportunities to drive business strategy and performance
• Underpin success of line reviews by providing categories with support to achieve their key business objectives
• Identify specific research opportunities (shopper, consumer, etc.) to bring new learning to category leadership solutions.
• Evaluate/monitor all customer category leadership solutions, turn analysis into recommended action and drive continuous improvement.
• Leverage insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, analyses, and technology to continually bring new (revenue generating) shopper ideas to customers and Philips.
You are a part of
You will report directly to the Head of Marketing for our Personal Health organization. based in Stamford, Connecticut. You will manage a team of driven and highly knowledgeable category management professionals located in Stamford, Minneapolis and Bentonville, AR.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 10+ years of business experience, with at least 5 years in Category Management at key accounts
• Minimum of 7 years managing and growing a team
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint skills
• Ability to multitask, organize and plan
• Strategy thinking capabilities
• Energy, adaptability and drive
• Creative out of the box thinking
• High Sense of urgency
• Experience in driving value in the aisle from in store strategies and tactics and analytics; experience in the front-end a plus
• Deep analytical expertise, especially working with syndicated data software (i.e., IRI, Nielsen, Retail Link),
• Strong POS, Panel and shopper insights expertise (working with studies such as buyer flows, Purchase Decision Hierarchies
• Experience influencing through data and insights
• Experience building and growing a team
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.