Philips CT Product Manager in Suzhou, China
Influences business plans and management communications by supporting small product development projects for new features.
Develops detailed product specifications for a small portfolio, to achieve short term business results.
Supports product management by gathering specific information and preparation of product introduction material.
Gathering information w.r.t. product strategy, making SWOT analysis. Develop presentation material. Participates in the market introduction.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Product Manager is the pivotal marketing role in the Business Innovation Unit (BIU) and drives creation of solutions (integrated combination of products and services) from idea to market. The Product Manager is accountable for defining, launching and building profitable product solution platforms that transform healthcare. They work directly with R&D and other marketing functions to ensure the products/solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands. The Product Manager owns the product lifecycle from concept phase through development and launch and eventually, end of life. The Product Manager is required to have deep expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product development.
You are responsible for
• Develop and maintain a needs-based customer segmentation for their respective solution across global markets (supported by Market Intelligence)
• Help define product platforms that support growth, product evolution, modular designs
• Coordinate pricing across product lines to ensure profitable growth
• Develop channel strategy for each offering by market (e.g., direct in North America, indirect in emerging markets and online globally)
• Develop business cases for new products and services for consideration in the portfolio management process
• Develop business requirements for new product and enhancements to existing products; work with R&D on functional specifications and feature/function prioritization
• Drive overall execution of development and launch of products/solutions in all markets as part of a cross functional business team including BG/BIU Management, Sales, Field Marketing, Operations and Finance
• Develop and maintain five-year strategic vision for product roadmap (for internal stakeholders and customers)
You are a part of
A progressive and energetic team that contributes directly to the growth of the business. You have a direct reporting line to the Director Product Management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• MBA or other advanced degree
• >10 yrs related experience in Product Management or adjacent fields (e.g. Field Marketing, Clinical Science, Marketing Communications) with cross functional expertise
• Experience in large high-tech, healthcare/ med-tech solutions businesses
• Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into solutions; comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively
• Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets
• Demonstrable communication skills and ability to lead an organization to develop market leading products/solutions
• High-tech product launch experience (clinical experience a nice to have)
• Proven communication skills and ability to influence colleagues
• Fluent in hardware and software product development, including quality and reliability techniques
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this sales-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/philips-recruitment-process.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .