In this role, you have the opportunity to
We challenge you to join Philips Healthcare as a Field Service Engineer- Ultrasound (based in San Francisco) where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service!
As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
Philips is seeking a field service engineer to support their Ultrasound business to be based in San Francisco . This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, service, and maintain customer sites.
• Assist in service repair, preventative maintenance, field change orders / installations.
• Identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate Service and Sales Personnel
• Operate under required knowledge of regulatory requirement (Federal and State Radiation performance standards, registration, Quality Systems Regulations, EPA regulations and OSHA regulations
• Defines problems: Collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions. Has the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables
You are a part of a team
Our GSSNA group is a 5,500-member North American Healthcare Sales and Service organization. Working within this group, you’d benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a ‘One Team’ culture, you’ll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable. As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• BSEE/BSEET preferred, or two year formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience
• Demonstrated repair and troubleshooting skills with Ultrasound Equipment
•Ability to rotate on-call status
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Travel up to 50% to the customer site, zone office or identified meeting locations.
o Average driving is 1 to 4 hours daily.
• Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
• Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs).
• Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
• May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within San Francisco.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.